Re: [SOLVED] SIMS 4 : CUSTOM CONTENT NOT SHOWING AFTER UPDATE

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

@TaylorLoganAEL  I know you know where to put custom content, but in macOS, sometimes opening Documents in a Finder window opens the folder in iCloud storage, rather than the one stored locally on your desktop.  You may have one local copy of the folder and another in cloud storage, and if you add the cc to the folder the game isn't reading from, it won't show up.  This guide is for disappearing saves, but the same principle applies:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 41 of 47 (1,322 Views)

★ Novice

if the cc's are not going on the game and they show up on mods in files how can you get them on the game when you want to make a sim and the cc's are on the game can someone tell me because when I got cc's on Pinterest they didn't show up and I don't know how to get them on the game.

Message 42 of 47 (1,197 Views)

@alinabean10  Can you please describe what you're seeing in more detail?  I'm not sure I understand exactly what's happening in your game.

Message 43 of 47 (1,158 Views)

★ Novice

I have add 1 cc to my mod folder and when I open up the game the box comes up showing that it is there, but when I go an custom a sim I am unable to see the item I have added.

Message 44 of 47 (1,146 Views)

@alinabean10  Are you sure you're looking in the correct place for the cc?  It might be in a different category or only enabled for certain ages.

If you add another cc item, does it show up where you expect it?  Are you running the standard version of Sims 4 or the Legacy Edition?

Message 45 of 47 (1,142 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, except I've downloaded several cc and any of them showed up.

Message 46 of 47 (1,053 Views)

Community Manager

Hi folks, 

As the OP has resolved their issue (see the accepted solution), I'll lock this thread. There have an existing thread open on mods/cc installation here: '[FAQ] How to use Mods/CC' however. Please feel free to pop in the comment section there after reviewing the advice shared in the opening post. 

Thanks,

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 47 of 47 (1,028 Views)