Software update??

by Sims3kennedy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Software update??

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I just downloaded the EA app and it works perfectly fine, however i noticed my store items weren't showing up in my game. After trying to reinstall the items, i got this message saying it was failed and that i need the newest software update for my game. Ive provided a screenshot below... please help me thank you!

Message 1 of 4 (303 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Software update??

@Sims3kennedy  Two things I notice are that you're trying to install far too many items at a time, and that you've downloaded at least one duplicate file, where the duplicate installed correctly but the original did not.  So please clear out everything in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads and download the content again, except this time, make sure you're only downloading anything once.  Download and install only a few items at a time, and worlds by themselves, not in a batch with anything else.

If you're still getting this error, it'll probably be easiest to install everything into a clean user folder and move your saves to that.  Move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, and start downloading from scratch, again in small batches.  Once your store stuff is installed, move over the saves and anything else you want to keep, then pick up from where you left off.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (277 Views)

All Replies

@Sims3kennedy  Two things I notice are that you're trying to install far too many items at a time, and that you've downloaded at least one duplicate file, where the duplicate installed correctly but the original did not.  So please clear out everything in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads and download the content again, except this time, make sure you're only downloading anything once.  Download and install only a few items at a time, and worlds by themselves, not in a batch with anything else.

If you're still getting this error, it'll probably be easiest to install everything into a clean user folder and move your saves to that.  Move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, and start downloading from scratch, again in small batches.  Once your store stuff is installed, move over the saves and anything else you want to keep, then pick up from where you left off.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (278 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you, but I figured I had to download them from the store one by one and they work now!

Message 3 of 4 (269 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This actually worked thank you

Message 4 of 4 (257 Views)