Original Post

Accepted Solution

Softlock when pausing the game

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get together, City living, get to Work, Dogs and Cats, dine out, parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know what causes it, so I don't know how to replicate it. It sometimes happens when pausing the game, but it doesn't happen often.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I press the pause button the time stops, but the animations keep playing. I also can't unpause, so I'm stuck in this state when the bug occurs. However the game doesn't crash, there are no error messages or anything else indicating that something is wrong. When I press the Windows key I can go back to the desktop and view the closed tab as usual. I have to manually close the game using the Task manager to get out of this state.
What do you expect to see? When the game is paused the animations should stop, when I unpause everything should start moving again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure if this is related to the bug, but the game seems to have become less stable since I installed get together a few days ago.

The game has also been "normally" crashing a lot lately, this one only sticks out because it's not really crashing, but my only way out is to quit the game, like a softlock.

System Specs:

Windows 7, 64 Bit

Intel Core i5-6600

8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon R9 380

Message 1 of 9 (946 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Softlock when pausing the game

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'm sorry, I missed those.

Checking now

EDIT: There's two things that catch my eye:

Your graphics card drivers are about a year old. Try checking for updates.

Your c drive is pretty full.

Which drive do you have the game and your files on ? I would free some space on the c drive in any case.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (911 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @A_Krook

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Also are you playing in an apartment or a house ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (929 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello Crin,

I'm playing in a house in Brindelton Bay, Sable Square.

Thanks for the help Standard smile

Message 3 of 9 (917 Views)

Hero

Could you please also attach your specs. Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (906 Views)

Hero

Nudge 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (884 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Sorry, I thought you mant "attach them to the original post".

I didn't really know what I was supposed to write in there, I don't think I've ever opened a new topic in here. So here they are again:

System Specs:

Windows 7, 64 Bit

Intel Core i5-6600

8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon R9 380

(hope that's what you meant, I never really write anything in any kind of forum)

Message 6 of 9 (873 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'm sorry, I missed those.

Checking now

EDIT: There's two things that catch my eye:

Your graphics card drivers are about a year old. Try checking for updates.

Your c drive is pretty full.

Which drive do you have the game and your files on ? I would free some space on the c drive in any case.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (912 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Turns out Sims 4 was indeed installed to the C drive, I'll try to reinstall it to e when I have some spare time. For now I've cleared some space on c, so now there are 60 GB of free space.

I've also found a programm on the official AMD website that installes the newest drivers and keeps checking for updates, so the graphics card drivers should be up to date now. I probably won't have the chance to play for longer than an hour or two untill next weekend, but I'll write again as soon as I get the chance to find out if it solved the problem.

Message 8 of 9 (834 Views)

Hero

@A_Krook

did you get a chance to try ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (800 Views)