So much for 'play when it gets released' .. downloading through Origin

by mackjangles

Original Post

So much for 'play when it gets released' .. downloading through Origin

★★ Novice

OK, so a few days ago I saw that I could pre-load Sims 4. As I live in the UK, I knew it would be a short amount of time before the game was able to be played, so started downloading it. I've used Origin for a while now, and have a good number of games which I've played through it in the past. Within the first day or so, I was getting up as high as 93% downloaded before Origin cancelled the download, and when I resumed it I was starting off at 80%.

So, I came to this forum.

A couple of threads have EA advisors suggesting that if Origin was uninstalled, with Sims 4 being totally removed as well, then reinstalled it should fix the problem (after a cold restart). The fact is, It didn't. If I even close Origin I can lose 8% from my download after being dropped. As a side note, my connection has been stready throughout this time, and I've been checking it regularly, especially once Origin was throwing a spaz on me. I also saw a thread suggesting people wait a period of time .. I mean .. is that really advice at all, when you've pre-ordered something????

So, my problem is that I have paid money for a game that I should've been able to preload and play as soon as the game gets released (one of the things that was marketted to us as part of making a pre-order). This has not happened. I appreciate that all new games have their hitches, but problems at the first hurdle with even getting the game and installing it should of been tested thoroughly before release. All the 'solutions' being suggested don't seem to be solutions at all, and even when I go to talk to a Live Advisor by clicking a chat 'now' button, there's a 30 minute wait.

As this forum tends to get responses from EA people when questions are asked .. I'll just ask one .. what do I do now?

Message 1 of 1 (115 Views)