So I bought and downloaded the

by kay529

Original Post

So I bought and downloaded the

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I bought and downloaded the sims 3 game and the game ran fine but then I wanted to play the sims 3 pets and to play that it said you had to buy the starter pack is I bought the starter pack and downloaded it. Then I went to play the game and it would pull-up to the screen where you press the play button and I would click it and then it would ask for the registration code and I put it in and then a message would pop up and it said "unhandled exception 0x80000004 at address 0x00000000. Do you wish to debug it?" and if I clicked yes it would kick me out and do nothing and if I clicked no it would kick me out and do nothing and now I can't play the game at all. What do I do?

Message 1 of 2 (195 Views)

Re: So I bought and downloaded the

@kay529  First of all, you shouldn't have needed to buy the Starter Pack if your copy of the base game was already registered in Origin.  I'm not sure what's going on here—you're not the only person to report this error message—but the presence of the base game in your TS3 library should have been enough.  Having said that, you did get two extra packs out of it, so hopefully it's not a total waste of money.

I'm not sure how you originally installed TS3, but if it wasn't through Origin, you'd have needed to uninstall the base game and clean your computer's registry before installing the Starter Pack and Pets.  Otherwise, this is exactly the kind of error that would be expected.  So now, you need to uninstall the game, clean the registry with a tool like Piriform's CCleaner (free download), and then install via Origin.

If this doesn't fix the issue, please run a dxdiag on your computer and attach the results to a post here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

P.S.  I removed your first screenshot, since it showed one of your game codes.  It's better not to post that in public.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (171 Views)