Re: Snowy Escape won't show up in game after download

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Snowy Escape won't show up in game after download

★★★ Novice

Origin said it finished downloading Snowy Escape on my PC and when I went to play it, the icon for the expansion pack wasn't showing up on the main menu. When I go to play the game, the town for Snowy Escape doesn't show up in livable areas or the vacation menu screens. Not sure what to do about this? I saw it download on my computer and my library says it's downloaded.

Message 1 of 9 (785 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@AAiBee 

Rightclick the game in Origin and select Repair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 9 (771 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just tried that and it's still not showing up on my opening menu or the residential/vacation menus

Message 3 of 9 (752 Views)

★ Novice

Same its happening on Mac as well

Message 4 of 9 (724 Views)

@pink12346  What version of the game are you running?  Please load it to the Main Menu, where you can choose to load a save or start a new one, and look along the bottom of the screen, or in the lower right corner.  Please list the entire version number, i.e. 1.xx.xx.xxxx.

@AAiBee  If you're still having trouble, please do the above as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 9 (703 Views)

★ Novice

Message 6 of 9 (698 Views)

@pink12346  You're running the Legacy Edition of Sims 4 (that's the .1620 on the end of your version number), which means any pack released after October 2019 won't work even if you have it installed.  If your Mac can't run the standard version of the game, there's no way around this.

You could however request a refund from EA customer support.  Even though Sims 4 packs are considered DLC and therefore not normally eligible for refunds, support often makes an exception in this case.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 7 of 9 (689 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i do have the standard version but i must of somehow switched when i got snowy escape because i already had cats and dogs and it worked?

Message 8 of 9 (648 Views)

@IssySIMlife  Cats & Dogs was released in 2017 and runs fine in the Legacy Edition.  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?  If Windows, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 9 of 9 (628 Views)