Snowy Escape Deleted My Saved Files

by c4ea2ab149d97e27

Original Post

Snowy Escape Deleted My Saved Files

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I don't know.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Before the update, I installed "The Sims 4" base game, "The Sims 4: City Living", "The Sims 4: Get Together" and "The Sims 4: Get Famous" on my computer as well as "The Sims 4: Realm Of Magic". This was BEFORE I updated the game to "The Sims 4: Snowy Escape", which I have installed now.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? The "The Sims 4: Snowy Escape" game DELETED all my previous sims and their homes. Before I installed my "The Sims 4: Snowy Escape" expansion pack, I had three save files and 125-135 sims.. My laptop was working just fine with the three save files BEFORE I installed "Snowy Escape". And my laptop is a PC that is Windows. Can you please fix it?
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a solution to my problem, to have my three save files and my 125-135 sims, houses and furniture back the way the houses, sims, food and furniture were BEFORE I installed "The Sims 4: Snowy Escape", AND include everything "The Sims 4: Snowy Escape" has, such as the sims and houses from Mount Kororembi as well as the building features from ALL the sims packs I have installed, and food and furniture.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Can anyone please help me? I'm really annoyed about how my Sims game started everything over. As I said before, the "The Sims 4: Snowy Escape" game DELETED all my previous sims and their homes, furniture too. Before I installed my "The Sims 4: Snowy Escape" expansion pack, I had three save files and 125-135 sims.. My laptop was working just fine with the three save files BEFORE I installed "Snowy Escape". ? Before the update, I installed "The Sims 4" base game, "The Sims 4: City Living", "The Sims 4: Get Together" and "The Sims 4: Get Famous" on my computer as well as "The Sims 4: Realm Of Magic". This was BEFORE I updated the game to "The Sims 4: Snowy Escape", which I have installed now. And my laptop is a PC that is Windows. Can you please fix the "The Sims 4: Snowy Escape" problem that I am having? If not, can you tell me how to fix this issue?

Message 1 of 2 (435 Views)

Re: Snowy Escape Deleted My Saved Files

★★★★★ Guide

@c4ea2ab149d97e27 : I asked about this, and this is part of jpkarlsen's reply...

"The game created a new userfolder usually on OneDrive or it was on OneDrive and there was no network connection causing it to be created locally. Advice do a search for it and move relevant files to the current location."

Do you use OneDrive?

Message 2 of 2 (407 Views)