by JasonVega2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Snow-pal is "no" pal

★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, GT, CL, CD, S, V, OR, SD, DO, JA, LSP, PPSP, SSP, BYSP, BNSP, FSP, MFPSP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to build a snow-pal.
What happens when the bug occurs? Two things: 1) The snow-pal never gets built. I let my two Sims (working together) go at it for 15 hours (6 one day and 9 the next) but there was never a snow-pal built. 2) When I reload the game with an incomplete snow-pal - it turns in to a small lump on the ground - but is still there "hidden" (see video).
What do you expect to see? A happy completed snow-pal!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons - of course - but I did install Vampires *afters* Seasons. It's possible the atypical order caused a problem.

I tried this in a fresh game as well and the exact same thing happened. I noticed that when I had more than one Sim working on the snow-pal - when I reload the game, there are two clods of snow on the ground - TWO invisible snow-pals when I had only been working on one before saving the game and reloading. One clod when I had just one Sim trying to build a snow-pal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSm1MYhTFF4&feature=youtu.be

Message 1 of 4 (1,264 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Snow-pal is "no" pal

Hero

Hm, have seen so many snowmen pics and had no issues myself. Did this start after the latest patch or before ?

Did yo try repairing your game and delete your cache files as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,357 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hm, have seen so many snowmen pics and had no issues myself. Did this start after the latest patch or before ?

Did yo try repairing your game and delete your cache files as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,358 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Pagh. Why do I not think of these things before I panic and post?

I had tried to repair the game - nope. I *did* just delete the cache files along with the offending snow-clods on my lot Sims' and then my Sims were immediately off and creating beautiful happy snowpals!

I'll do a little more testing to see if I can reproduce the error. If I can't - I'll mark your post as the accepted solution.

I think deleting the cache files did it.

Thanks for your level-headed hero-ship, Crin!

Message 3 of 4 (1,210 Views)

Hero
Glad that worked so far.

It's always good to go through the basic troubleshooting steps before creating a thread. Many issues seem to resolve itself that way.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (1,196 Views)