Re: Slow/Laggy Sims 4 Game

by kreatora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Slow/Laggy Sims 4 Game

★★ Novice

The Sims 4 runs so slow to the point where it's unplayable. I updated the graphics card. It's a brand new laptop so I don't understand why I can't play. I even took out the mods and it's still slow. The operating system is windows 10.

Message 1 of 4 (471 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@breee_anna 

There are several reasons that can cause it.
Your graphics card chip is a little too weak and does not meet the requirements of the game.
The requirements for this game are 128Mb of dedicated video memory. Your integrated video chip has only 68Mb dedicated video memory. This could lead to performance issues.
In this situation, your video chip uses general memory which you do not have much. Theoretically, 4GB RAM should be enough but not with this graphics card.
Low graphics settings set in the game options as it is mentioned above can help. You can also ask computer service it is possible to add RAM cubes to your laptop... RAM memory isn't expensive.

You have also a problem with updating your Windows Defender
Select "Check for updates" in the Windows Security Virus & threat protection screen to check for the latest updates.
By the way, check if your all system is up to date.
https://support.microsoft.com/help/4027667/windows-10-update
It is possible that you have also been affected by an error recently reported - Internet connections lowes FPS rate.
You can easily check it. Disconnect the Internet completely and try without it

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (434 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Hello bree_anna I am not a pro at the sims 4 yet but I think I do know some neat tricks and tips to help you.Try going to game options and enabling laptop mode a thing used to help older devices and devices like like laptops.Next is graphics your computer might have trouble running them at super high levels so try turning them down to medium or low in graphics setting if its to much.And last of all if your device showing black screens sometimes use vertical sync to help stabilize it worked for me if this dosent work please describe more into the problem at hand.

Message 2 of 4 (457 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@breee_anna 

There are several reasons that can cause it.
Your graphics card chip is a little too weak and does not meet the requirements of the game.
The requirements for this game are 128Mb of dedicated video memory. Your integrated video chip has only 68Mb dedicated video memory. This could lead to performance issues.
In this situation, your video chip uses general memory which you do not have much. Theoretically, 4GB RAM should be enough but not with this graphics card.
Low graphics settings set in the game options as it is mentioned above can help. You can also ask computer service it is possible to add RAM cubes to your laptop... RAM memory isn't expensive.

You have also a problem with updating your Windows Defender
Select "Check for updates" in the Windows Security Virus & threat protection screen to check for the latest updates.
By the way, check if your all system is up to date.
https://support.microsoft.com/help/4027667/windows-10-update
It is possible that you have also been affected by an error recently reported - Internet connections lowes FPS rate.
You can easily check it. Disconnect the Internet completely and try without it

I don't work for EA

Message 3 of 4 (435 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you, I added RAM and it started working.

Message 4 of 4 (363 Views)