Skin details missing

by Jackiester626

Original Post

Skin details missing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This looks likes the thread to put it in, but I might have to make a separate claim. I'm not getting Skin Details in any CAS mode. I have the bulk of the packs including Island Living and Vampires so I should definitely have skin details. I've tried this with my little bit of CC removed and it didn't make a difference.

Message 1 of 6 (1,889 Views)

Re: Skin details missing

Hero

Hi @Jackiester626 

moving this to tech for troubleshooting as the thread you posted in was different.

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

If the issue persists, please post some pictures.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,864 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much, I'm working on this as I type, so hopefully it will solve this problem! I do have one question for you: I don't have a Slot_0000001 in my saves, but  do have a series of Slot_0000000 saves. Do I save any of those save files if this works?

Message 3 of 6 (1,829 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Following upon this now that first test is complete:

I made a back up, created a new folder, and repaired the game before I did my first save test.

Special Skin Details that came in Vampires and Island Living showed up for my Vampire test, but not for any of my other sim types(Human, Mermaid, Sellcaster) I also have aliens, but I didn't test with them. I also had to make three mermaids before the mermaid for would stick. The ears were on some of the occult,but not for others. I went back to document who had what, but the pointed ears only showed up for the vampire. I had taken screen shots in CAS to show you what I was seeing, but I forgot those only show you the sim itself.

Is this how the game is supposed to act? If it isn't then how can I take better pictures of what is going on in the game. I put the household I was testing with on the Gallery if that is at all helpful. Gallery ID: Jackiester626 Household: Game Tester

I haven't transferred anything over from my regular sims folder yet, so that shouldn't interfere.

Thanks so much for helping.

Message 4 of 6 (1,824 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Realized I forgot to tag @crinrict  in earlier posts

Message 5 of 6 (1,802 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Jackiester626 Think the ears do only appear for Vamps. that's on purpose.

Not so sure about all the rest

There's currently these bugs open

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-V-Vampire-skin-details-unavailable-to-mermaids-...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Missing-facial-details-category-in-CAS-when-using-quot/...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-V-Born-Spellcasters-don-t-have-Occult-Face/td-...

Also to your saves question, they all have a letter in the end so those are your saves and you need to keep them.

EDIT: 

Testing new Sims I get this for vamp stuff. All other skin details show up as they should

1. Human: No Vamps stuff

2. Vamps: All the vamps stuff

3. Mermaid: NOrmal Form: No Vamp Stuff, Alternate: All the stuff that's in categories showing up for all Sims but none of the vampire specific categories
4. Spellcasters: Have all Vamps stuff that's in categories showing up for all Sims but no vampiric spefici categories
5. Aliens. Nothing Vampire on any form

This is for fresh cas, not taking Sim to cas which seems to differ as well

I have actually no clue what's by design or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (1,788 Views)