by autumn9220

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Skin color and objects look odd

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, Dine Out, Bowling Night Stuff, Vampires, City Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On your own sims, other sims, or when you place certain objects.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are pale skinned with red patches and black question marks on their bodies. Objects are pink and purple in color with green question marks.
What do you expect to see? Proper looking skin colors and objects that look how they were designed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

After not playing sims for a few months (sad, I know), I recently just bought four of the packs listed above. After downloading and installing them all, I went to go play and found my SIms and objects looking odd. Most object appear normal, along with houses, clothes, and plants from what I have found. However, the Sims appear to have their pale skin with red patches and question marks while some objects are pink and purple with green question marks.

Message 1 of 4 (932 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Skin color and objects look odd

Hero

You mean you still have question marks there ?

Try deleting the localthumbnailcache file found in this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\ 

It will recreate, so no worries. It's just a cache file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (915 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @autumn9220

try right clicking on the game in Origin and hit repair game. That should solve the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (912 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi @crinrict

Thank you for your suggestion. It looks like the issue was mostly fixed as everything looks fine except my sim still looks the same where their emotions appear. However, they look normal looking in the world.
Message 3 of 4 (900 Views)

Hero

You mean you still have question marks there ?

Try deleting the localthumbnailcache file found in this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\ 

It will recreate, so no worries. It's just a cache file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (916 Views)