Re: Six minute lot load time (Ever since Seasons)

by GendoSims

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Six minute lot load time (Ever since Seasons)

★★★ Novice

Okay, there are so many load time topics, that it'll be very difficult finding what I'm looking for.

Ever since seasons, when I open the game and select a lot to load, it takes EXACTLY six minutes to load just that lot. I've removed mods, reset the game, reinstalled it, all to no avail. I know it's not my system and I can't find any answers for this specific problem. It happens less often later in the game and only seems to effect the very first lot I select when I open the game.

Does anyone else have this problem, and if so, any solutions???

Message 1 of 22 (810 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

I thought a lot about what may have changed on my PC and I remembered that before some software a professor of mine said we needed for a class bricked my PC and I had to reinstall the OS, I had the issue. I realized it started after I installed Discord, which was reinstalled when I hard reset my PC. I uninstalled Discord and now it loads with no problem.

View in thread

Message 18 of 22 (1,205 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @GendoSims

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Might give some insight on what's going on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (802 Views)

★★★ Novice

Fingers crossed

Message 3 of 22 (795 Views)

Hero

Your graphics chip is borderline minimum so that might have something to do with it.There might also be newer drivers for it (yours are currently from 2016)

Which packs do you own ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I own all packs. I've had zero lag or trouble with any graphics loading, and when I lower graphics quality it doesn't fix the issue. I've timed it before, and it takes exactly six minutes to the second to load and only the first lot when I start the game.

Checking for driver updates now.

Some I may have to go directly to Asus for. I love Asus, but their site is messy

Message 5 of 22 (778 Views)

Hero
Do you delete cache files after every game session or have you never deleted them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 22 (775 Views)

★★★ Novice

I clean all caches on my system periodically 

Message 7 of 22 (770 Views)

★★★ Novice

I went through the entire system manager and two drivers had available updates (even thought they should have updated automatically, but what can you do) and on restart Windows decided to do an update and lead me to advanced BIOS. Now that I'm up and running again I'll check to see if it's fixed.

Message 8 of 22 (765 Views)

★★★ Novice

I updated drivers, cleared the cache and did a restart. Load time still takes 6 minutes. 

Message 9 of 22 (758 Views)

Hero

Just to be sure, you also try this on a fresh save and that's also 6 min ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 22 (753 Views)