Re: Site Lag Caused Double Purchase

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Site Lag Caused Double Purchase

★★★★★ Newbie

While attempting to buy a set of items in my shopping cart, the site constantly refused to acknowledge that I had the 1,000 extra Simpoints I had just purchased to get all the items. I ultimately moved items into my wishlist until I had few enough items in my cart to complete the purchase with the Simpoints I had before buying the extra 1,000 and tried to check out, but the site lagged out and threw up an error message. When I was able to get it working again, I found that the site had finally recognized the extra 1,000 Simpoints I bought, but had then double-processed the purchase, giving me two copies of all the dozen or so items I had been trying to purchase, leaving me with too few Simpoints to buy all the items I had transferred to my wishlist. Why is it even possible to buy things that you already own?!

Message 1 of 5 (578 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

@AliceAngelis  This happens from time to time, especially when the site is lagging a bit.  You can get your points back though; just contact EA customer support and explain the situation.  If the first person you talk to isn't helpful, there's no reason you can't walk away, so to speak, and try later with someone else.  This is a problem that support is definitely supposed to fix.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

When selecting the categories, be sure to choose "payment error," rather than "request a refund."  The second one makes support think you're asking for a refund on your purchase of the points themselves, which isn't something they can do.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (553 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

@AliceAngelis  This happens from time to time, especially when the site is lagging a bit.  You can get your points back though; just contact EA customer support and explain the situation.  If the first person you talk to isn't helpful, there's no reason you can't walk away, so to speak, and try later with someone else.  This is a problem that support is definitely supposed to fix.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

When selecting the categories, be sure to choose "payment error," rather than "request a refund."  The second one makes support think you're asking for a refund on your purchase of the points themselves, which isn't something they can do.

Message 2 of 5 (554 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried to explain to them, but they said my double-charging(11/19/18) was too old, so what can I do to get them back?

Message 3 of 5 (528 Views)

@Wordpressagain  You can always try EA support again, this time with a different person.  It's possible that the second one will be more willing to help you out.  But it wouldn't surprise me if there was a limit on how long you could wait to request a refund, and that eight months was outside that limit.  If that's the case, then unfortunately, there's nothing you can do.

Message 4 of 5 (519 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh. Well I already tried a 2nd person, and they said no. (sighs)

Message 5 of 5 (514 Views)