Re: Since June 2019 patch, sudden repeated PC power surge crashes

by Lillith8810

Original Post

Since June 2019 patch, sudden repeated PC power surge crashes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Forgive me, I am new to the forums, I read a lot of information, my eyes are now goo, and I hope I put this in the right spot, I went through the topics and found a few similar complaints but not exactly on the money issues since the new patch so I opened a new topic, I am so sorry if this was a no-no. 

Since this latest June 2019 patch, I am only able to be on Sims 4 for maybe 10 minutes before my computer shuts down and as it reboots, it gives me a power surge warning. I have my other half helping me because it is his computer, but we run Guild Wars 2 and Black Desert Online (which famously blue screened my very expensive Alienware gaming laptop) for much MUCH longer with no problems, yet the moment I run Sims 4, it goes all the way down within 1-10 minutes of being up. We have tried various power sources, thoroughly and I mean THOROUGHLY cleaned the tower of any hair or dust particles, guys, I am at a loss here. I had zero issues pre-patch with the game and the upgrades I have. We tested games that have higher requirements since the repeated surge crashes and they still run just fine for extended periods. Could this be a patch issue or is Sims 4 really too heavy for my desktop that runs more complex games after one patch?

EDIT:

Tried updating drivers, clean install of drivers, tried different power sources (surge protectors, of which we have quite a few, some even brand new and unused, none of which have issues surging any other of our electronics), windows has been up to date since patch, checked again, no new updates released. 

Managed approximately 15 minutes with this most recent go after clean reinstall of drivers before crash and surge warning.

Message 1 of 14 (1,062 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 14 (1,036 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Callmemephisto I think it’s the patch. I’ve never had any issues with my 2 year old MacBook Pro, and I don’t run any mods.

The only thing that has changed is the June 2019 Sims 4 patch. Common sense says that’s the problem.
Message 3 of 14 (1,002 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@CallmemephistoI have exactly the same bug and the day before the release of the patch I played hours and get no problems at all (and I never got this kind of problems before).
Before getting to sleep I updated my game... The next day I tried to play again on my computer and it already crashed 2 times shutting it completely without warning as if components were getting too hot. So I definitely think there is a link with this update because the causality appeared in a too short laps of time to be only coincidence...

Message 4 of 14 (963 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Mine crashes after a couple minutes. I'm lucky to get passed the first loading screen. I was having some issues before this last update (I think these issues are related to my computer itself) but I was at least able to play the game. I haven't been able to play since the update rolled out.

Message 5 of 14 (906 Views)

Hero
@Lillith8810 Could you guys all post DxDiag (see above) and any lastcrash.txt files in your doc folder (attach as .rar file or c/p)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (901 Views)

★★ Novice

Hopefully I did this right

Message 7 of 14 (883 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Lillith8810 

Your graphics driver is three years old please upgrade it. https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-6000-series/amd-radeon-hd-6670

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 14 (862 Views)

★★ Novice
Downloaded both for Windows 10 64 bit and that didn't help unfortunately. Going to try a different video card. Also have more RAM on the way so I'll have 4 sets of 4gb sticks. Hoping one of those things makes a difference.

Thank you for your help!
Message 9 of 14 (826 Views)

★ Apprentice

(Sorry for the bad English and for the late response I should have made it quicker. )

Here's my DxDiag but I don't have a lastcrash file in my documents, I guess it's because my entire computer crash not only the game ...I tried to update my driver first but it still crash.

I've seen that it occur when there is "cutscenes" (or action necessiting more ressources I guess) because it crashed two times when I tried to use the decoration box to automaticaly put decorations on my house and one time during the actor career when the scene get lit to start playing.

Thanks for the help Standard smile

Message 10 of 14 (774 Views)