Re: Simulation Lag

by Bellusim

Original Post

★ Apprentice
Hello @SimGuruIcarus
I've tried repairing the game. I haven't tried in other neighbourhood, it's been happening in the gym and in my sim lot, I'm gonna try in other lots/ neighbourhoods and see if the lag continues.

When it starts, it doesn't stop, only if I pause the game or open the building mode, then, after 10 secs starts all over again.

Thanks
Message 11 of 20 (489 Views)

★ Apprentice
Haven't notice anything wrong with the temperature, but I'll pay attention next time.

Thanks @roberta591
Message 12 of 20 (486 Views)

You seem to have crashing from an Intel SST Audio Device. I found some information on how to fix that over here:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/parameterservice-stopped-wo...

Could you post a new DxDiag? And maybe have a peek in your screenshots folder. If you have a lot of files in there, could try moving that folder outside The Sims 4 folder and see if the game runs any better without it?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 13 of 20 (475 Views)

★ Apprentice

Here's my new DX doc, after doing some updates in the drivers. Also, can't do anything about the Intel SST.

Thanks for your time

Message 14 of 20 (438 Views)

That looks a lot better already. Could you make sure the game runs on your GeForce card:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/graphics-cardintel-chip-dual-systems/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 15 of 20 (430 Views)

★ Apprentice
Done, I'm gonna check if it works later. Right now I only have two drivers that i can't update, is the Intel(R) Wtachdog Timer Driver and the Realtek High Definition Audio. Don't know if any interferes with the game.

Thanks again!
Message 16 of 20 (417 Views)

I don't think those should have any effect on the game. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 17 of 20 (405 Views)

★ Apprentice
Unfortunately nothing worked! Still lagging. I'm going to use my last resource: uninstall the game completly.
Message 18 of 20 (397 Views)

Could you try letting the game make a new game folder?
- Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\
- Rename the 'The Sims 4' folder to something like 'The Sims 4 old' 
- Start the game, this will create a new folder.
- See how the game runs then. 

It could be one of the files is just bit too big. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 19 of 20 (388 Views)

★ Apprentice
I think I've found the problem. I have a lot of CC + max graphics while playing. That's the problem! So, now I'm playing with good graphics (not max) and it looks ok. Thanks to everyone envolved
Message 20 of 20 (994 Views)