Sims4 won't load and open

by Shadow5wolfy

Original Post

Sims4 won't load and open

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

my sims4 does not work after i crate my character and decide where to live the game bugs and it makes a loop of the charging screen that never stops the only way i can close the page its restarting my pc and if i try again the same thing starts to happen again( i have a good pc so that is not the problem) 

Message 1 of 5 (324 Views)

Re: Sims4 won't load and open

@Shadow5wolfy  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 tech section.  You'll get better game-specific help here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (310 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Shadow5wolfy 

I assume you do not use mods or CC because this error often occurs when in the game are out-of-date mods or CC.
But nevertheless, if you have any mods move mods folder to the desktop and delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

Go to the Origin and fix the game,
Origin/Library - right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"

Even a good computer can have problems:
Failure Windows updates, outdated graphics card drivers, software failures or just the ventilation system is dirty and the computer overheats when it is working hard.
So if there still will be a problem despite fixing the game could you post your Computer's DxDiag?
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the text file to your post directly in option "Reply" - not Quick Reply

I don't work for EA

Message 3 of 5 (301 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I ran the dxdiag and have tried to attach text file, but is apparently is too large to attach here.  HELP!

Message 4 of 5 (260 Views)

Hero
@sal1197 It should only be a simple text file. How big is that file ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (227 Views)