Sims4 won't launch

by ChickenFeet05

Original Post

Sims4 won't launch

★★★ Newbie

Hi. Just purchased Sim4 through my Windiws Surface and I can't launch he game. Any ideas? cheers

Message 1 of 4 (303 Views)

Re: Sims4 won't launch

[ Edited ]

@ChickenFeet05  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

What happens when you press Play in Origin?  It would be helpful to know what you see.  Please also post a screenshot of any error message you get.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (263 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! Thank you for your reply, the screenshots aren't really working but the first error that comes up after I press download origin is "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program nay fix this problem." And then another came up after that saying "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

Message 3 of 4 (230 Views)

@ChickenFeet05  Don't worry about screenshots, at least for now.  The two .dll files you list are part of the 2015 VC++ runtimes.  It's best to uninstall your current copies, if you have any, and then download new ones from Microsoft.  Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, click on both the x86 and x64 entries (if you have them), and select Uninstall.  You can download new copies here. Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 versions.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Restart your computer, and test.  If you still can't play though, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (201 Views)