Re: Sims4 Origin to EA

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims4 Origin to EA

★★★ Newbie

Hi. I saw that Origin is going to be replaced for the EA app (unfortunately). But now I’m really worried about my Save Files, Mods and GShade. I don’t want to loose any of these and I can’t help but stress out about it. Does anyone know how this will transfer? I honestly wish Origin would just stay.

Message 1 of 7 (2,194 Views)

Accepted Solution

@RiHa04  All of your data should be intact.  Saves and mods are stored in the Sims 4 user folder, the one in Documents\Electronic Arts, no matter what kind of install you have.  The EA App won't interfere with this folder any more than Origin does.  GShade files are stored within the game's program files, so you might run into trouble if you try to repair the game, and you'd certainly need to reinstall GShade if you also ever reinstalled Sims 4, but otherwise, those files should remain as well.

By the way, Origin will be around for a little while longer, so it's fine to put off the switch for now.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (2,148 Views)

All Replies

@RiHa04  All of your data should be intact.  Saves and mods are stored in the Sims 4 user folder, the one in Documents\Electronic Arts, no matter what kind of install you have.  The EA App won't interfere with this folder any more than Origin does.  GShade files are stored within the game's program files, so you might run into trouble if you try to repair the game, and you'd certainly need to reinstall GShade if you also ever reinstalled Sims 4, but otherwise, those files should remain as well.

By the way, Origin will be around for a little while longer, so it's fine to put off the switch for now.

Message 2 of 7 (2,149 Views)

★ Novice

where can i find the program files?

Message 3 of 7 (1,690 Views)

@theMoorkh  If you installed Sims 4 through Origin, they're here:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4

EA App:

Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 4

Message 4 of 7 (1,658 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Szeretnék az origint letöltés ès a sims4-el játszani 

Edit: Removed image of real people. For privacy reasons, please keep your images game related. -CM

Message 5 of 7 (1,553 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @PlayboyAnett 

At the moment the following languages are supported on Answers HQ:

You can also contact an EA Game advisor on the EA Help Center as described at the links below:

it.png Italiano / nl.png Nederlands / pl.png Jezyk polski / pt_pt.png pt_bra.png Português

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 7 (1,529 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo Ttyui
Message 7 of 7 (1,355 Views)