Sims4 Legacy still not working

by RedSirenSong

Original Post

Sims4 Legacy still not working

★★ Novice

switched to legacy until i upgrade, problem is still have no option to play the sims4 at all. everything is in my library but the play option is still greyed out?

Ive updated repaired everything. its like just wont acknowledge that i switched or own the game.

Message 1 of 51 (13,494 Views)

Re: Sims4 Legacy still not working

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi @RedSirenSong - I moved your message to the TS4 forums. 

Would you double-check to be sure you're trying to open the Legacy Edition? In Origin, right-click the game's icon, choose "Game Properties", click on the "Advanced Game Options" tab and make sure the part that says "When launching this game" says "The Sims 4 32 bit Legacy Edition". 

TS4 Edition Choice.png

Let us know if this is already set to 32 bit and still is not opening. 

If you still have the problem, please reply back with a copy of your dxdiag.

How to DxDiag

To post your DxDiag:

1. Select the 'Choose file' button below the post box

2. Find the DxDiag file and select it - hit Open

3. Add text to your post and hit Submit

Message 2 of 51 (13,453 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello! 

I have downloaded Sims 4  Legacy Edition, and I quickly found that it was not working. I found this, but the problem is I don’t have the option bar. The only one I have is the language bar. So I was wondering what I’m doing wrong and how to fix it, that way I can go back to playing The Sims 4. 

Thank you 

Fayth 

Message 3 of 51 (13,222 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Faythie02  Need more information. Is your computer a pc or mac? If pc what operating system are you using? If pc is your operating system 32 bit or 64 bit? Did the game ever work correctly? If pc please attach dxdiag.

Message 4 of 51 (13,216 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hello, i had just installed the SIMS4 legacy on origin and when it was done I saw the same SIMS4 but not SIMS4 legacy and when I click the game to open it Origin opens instead and it keeps telling me "The Sims 4 Legacy Edition is now required for players on older Operating Systems and Hardware." can someone help me please? and I tried your first step and it didn't work.

Message 5 of 51 (10,876 Views)

Hero
@nacolee13 Are you on PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 51 (10,848 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@BlackjackWidow I did all of the above and it is still not working
Message 7 of 51 (10,649 Views)

Hero
@stasiaerickson16 Are you on Mac or PC ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 51 (10,623 Views)

The Sims 4 Legacy Error

★★ Novice

Hello! I have a problem now with my Sims 4 game. Yesterday it was fine but today it didn't launch the game when I clicked on it. In Origin it says on the top "The Legacy edition is now required for players on older OS." Mine is not old, Windows 10, 64 bit but I figured that I had to download it and this is what stops the launching. I downloaded Legacy, installed, everything but my game won't start. I tried to repair it, I cleared Origin cache and restarted my computer but nothing. When I click on it nothing happens, Origin just disappear for a second then pops back up. What should I do? This is really frustrating because I'm trying for hours now... Thank you!

Message 9 of 51 (10,524 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Legacy Error

Hero (Retired)

@marcipanfelho5 wrote: "The Legacy edition is now required for players on older OS." Mine is not old, Windows 10, 64 bit 

Hi @marcipanfelho5 - if you know your Windows 10 is 64 bit, then you do not need the Legacy edition at all. (that message can be a bit confusing, it's just saying that if you DID have a 32 bit system, you would need the legacy edition)

To get back to the most up-to-date version of The Sims 4: In Origin, right-click the game's icon, choose "Game Properties", click on the "Advanced Game Options" tab and make sure the part that says "When launching this game" says "The Sims 4 64 bit".  See the picture in this post

That should let you restart your game as it was before you downloaded the Legacy edition. 

Message 10 of 51 (10,492 Views)