Re: Sims4 Legacy still not working

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I do not have an option for "when launching this game." Any other suggestions? The game was just working 3 days ago.

Message 41 of 51 (892 Views)

Hero
@Mollyylaw12 Are you on Pc or Mac ?

For PC:
Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

For Mac
Could you please provide your specs as described here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 51 (877 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am not @RedSirenSong, but I am going through the same issue. I wanted to know if since I am having the same issue you could help me as well? If you can't then it's okay, but I would really appreciate if you did. I included my dxdiag files. Thank you!

Message 43 of 51 (841 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Renewable18 - According to your dxdiag you have a 64-bit operating system, so you shouldn't need to run the Legacy Edition. What happens if you run the 64-bit edition? See this post for details: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims4-Legacy-still-not-working/m-p/8447621#M156981

If you experience problems with it, let us know what packs you're trying to run and exactly what happens when you try to launch the game. 

Message 44 of 51 (813 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem with @Faythie02 . I have windows 10 and a 32-bit computer. I have downloaded the legacy edition but I don't have the option to launch the game with it. It also seems like I lost all of my saves, since the folders are empty... should I reinstall the whole game?

Message 45 of 51 (775 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Astropheria If you have a 32 bit version the game automatically uses the legacy edition after you downloaded it through Origin. You don't get the option for 64 bit so there's no drop down.

The legacy has it's own folder in documents and usually the files should be copied over automatically. If not, just go to your documents folder and copy all your saves/cc/mods/.. over to the new LE folder in there and all should show up again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 51 (742 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict As I showed in the screenshots, whenever I click "play" the game doesn't open but says I need the legacy version, which I already have. All of the files are empty!
Message 47 of 51 (709 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Astropheria Did you download and install it ? Does the DLC show as installed ?

What do you mean with all of the files are empty ? Could you post a screenshot of your doc folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 51 (683 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, i have recently upgraded my laptop to windows 10 pro, downloaded origin, etc as well as sims 4 legacy edition, changed it to open in 32 bit but when i click play origin closes as if the gate is about to start, then just re opens. No games loads? What do i do...

Message 49 of 51 (534 Views)

Hero
@mEh93 You don't need the legacy edition

Change to 64 bit and play that way. Does that not work either ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 51 (529 Views)