Re: Sims4 Crashing PC

by sabcrews

Original Post

Sims4 Crashing PC

★★ Apprentice

I bought the Sims 4 through Steam and have been slowly getting each expac, with each one I've noticed my game crashes more often. I recently bought City Living and whenever I am playing the Sim that lives in the town that was opened with it, the game just crashes. No warning except a freeze that lasts for a few seconds and then it closes. No error messages or anything just closing.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Origin because it was saying the Sims 4 Deluxe Edition doesn't appear to be downloaded, so once I did the uninstall and reinstall it was able to find the game again but in the last few minutes the game has crashed 3 times in a row with no warning before and no error after. I've tried repairing the game files through Origin and verifying through Steam. I tried relaunching the game while writing this and this is the error that came up. It seems like Origin can't find the game unless I uninstall and reinstall Origin.

My pc meets the requirements for the game, I have a dedicated hard drive for my games so I'm unsure what the issue is. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 6 (342 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Slight Update: If I log out and log back into Origin launcher it gives the play option instead of download.

Message 2 of 6 (341 Views)

[ Edited ]

@sabcrews  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know the game crashes when you play in other worlds as well.  I'm not saying you can't play in San Myshuno, just that it's a useful test.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 6 (309 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had found what you suggested in another thread on here (was looking for any possible solutions) so I ran the dxdiag then and at the very bottom it had the window error reporting and the event name was APPCRASH then P1: TS4_x64.exe so I googled that and found something about updating some kind of vision thing, did that and the game ran fine for a few hours. It has crashed in other worlds as well but today was it was happening more, I'm not sure if I'm causing an overload to something cause I run Discord, Steam, Origin, Battlenet, my antivirus, and mozilla firefox at the same time. Do you want me to run another dxdiag to see if anything has changed? I attached the first one I did.

Message 4 of 6 (295 Views)

@sabcrews  A new dxdiag isn't necessary yet, but if nothing I post here helps, please do run another one afterwards and attach it to a post.

I'm guessing from your description that you uninstalled and reinstalled one or more VC++ redistributables.  While that can't (shouldn't) hurt, there's nothing in your dxdiag to indicate that these were the original problem.  What could be an issue is your running all those applications at the same time while you play.  Try restarting your computer and opening nothing except for Origin and Sims 4 (your antivirus should be running anyway, and that's fine), and let me know how it goes.

If you get another crash, let me know when it happens, both how long you played in that particular session and what was happening on-screen at the time.  Please also do a clean uninstall and reinstall of Origin (not Sims 4, just Origin), as described here:

• Quit Origin, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Clear Origin's cache.
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Origin from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • When it finishes uninstalling, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders."  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if it appears.  (This is where Sims 4 and other Origin games are installed by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, download the full Origin installer and run it.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."

If you still get another crash, please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it; just start a new save and see whether the game crashes.  Your existing saves and other content will be intact in the folder you moved but not read by the game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 6 (281 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'll give what you suggested a try, I can't close Steam out because I bought the game through Steam. I tried to close it and it tried to close the game. I'm starting my session and I'll keep you posted if I get any crashes.

Message 6 of 6 (268 Views)