Sims4 Crashing Continuously

by NormanRules

Original Post

Sims4 Crashing Continuously

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I haven’t successfully played the sims since maybe May or June this year, I've been encountering some problems trying to run the game now. I've tried multiple things, I don't remember specifically what but I need some help please, When I load in I crash, In CAS I'll crash, anywhere really. I have way to many mods probably 5000 . Any possible issues/fixes?

Also : 

If I try reinstalling origin will my sims4 and all my packs disappear? Will I have to re-download them? Also, will my mods stay where they should be?

Message 1 of 2 (180 Views)

Re: Sims4 Crashing Continuously

@NormanRules  If you uninstall and reinstall Sims 4, you shouldn't lose any content.  Your Origin account owns your game, not your computer, and you have the right to redownload the game and packs as many times as you want, on as many devices as you want.  Your mods and custom content are located in the user folder, which normally does not get deleted when you uninstall.  But it's still a good idea to make a copy of this folder before uninstalling, just in case.

However, I'm not sure you need to uninstall.  It would be more efficient to first test a new save with no mods or cc present at all.  Move the entire Sims 4 user folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves, mods, and cc will be intact in the folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just see whether you can play a new save without the game crashing on you.

If you do get another crash, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (159 Views)