by Fairycharmed

Original Post

Sims4 Crash

★★★ Newbie

Sims4 still crashing after update.  

All xpacks and game packs purchased and installed

No mods running/Vanilla installs

DXDiag attached

Origin launches without issue, Game loads, gets to main screen and I don't even have enough time to move the mouse to the play button before I crash back to the main origin screen.

No record of it in Device Manager, rebooted twice with similiar results.

Prior to today, Origin/Game updated 04Jun, then downloaded and installed Eco Living 05Jun.

Immediately after gaming through to a accepted NAP that changed the view of the neighborhood, game began to crash with some regularity.

However, not playing the eco living neighborhood seemed to lessen the frequency of the crashes.

Today, after update,  it won't even try, rendering several hundred dollars worth of games and packs unplayable.

Help?

Message 1 of 5 (348 Views)

Re: Sims4 Crash

Hero
@Fairycharmed Your processor is really low in specs and your graphics chips as well.

It might not be up to handling the load of all packs installed.

What settings do you have your graphics on ? If they are not on low, could you try lowering them

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (310 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unless there was a major upgrade in the requirements to the game graphics between the update on 04Jun and the update I installed on 11Jun, I will humbly suggest that it is NOT graphics issue, as the game ran just fine previously with all packs installed. 

Message 3 of 5 (301 Views)

Hero
@Fairycharmed Your chip only has 128 MB of dedicated RAM which is par with minimum requirements for base + 1 pack., your processor is a bit better than minimum

Maybe others can offer a different opinion though and have other suggestions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (274 Views)

@Fairycharmed  There are plenty of reasons the game might start crashing and be almost impossible to play.  One of them is that the computer's hardware is overloaded, and your hardware is definitely weak for what you're asking of it.  The new pack could have been the tipping point, and you might just be seeing the most dramatic presentation of that.

Another issue is that a component of the Windows update service is crashing.  This may not have anything to do with Sims 4, but if the updater is running and crashing while you play, it could crash the game along with it.  One solution is obviously to update; another is to play while offline, and after letting your computer run for enough time (try ten minutes to be sure) after rebooting and before launching, so if the updater crashes, you get it out of the way before you start playing.

If you'd like to troubleshoot the game itself, there are some steps that are worth trying.  Please test in a clean user data folder, to control for any issues with your saves or the other content that folder.  (Even without mods or custom content, other files can occasionally become corrupt.)  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder; just start a new save and see how it plays.

If you're still getting crashes, please disable Eco Lifestyle as a test, in a new clean folder (not the one you created before).  This will distinguish between issues with the recent patches and with the pack itself.  Here's how to tell Origin not to load a pack:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

Let me know how the game runs, and if you get more crashes, definitely try playing while offline.  You can sign into Origin and put it in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cable.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (248 Views)