Sims4 - Can't Get CC Sims/House to Show Up in Game

by AphroditeFilaki9

Original Post

Sims4 - Can't Get CC Sims/House to Show Up in Game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

HELP! I have downloaded Sims and a house for Sims 4, I have done a lot of research (from watching YouTube videos to reading posts from websites and forums) and followed every step - yet when I open My Library in the Gallery, the CC Sims and house content are not there.  When downloading these from thesimsresource

• I extracted the zip files into the Try file under my Sims 4 folder
  • I already made sure that there are no sub-folders in the Tray folder
  • I already confirmed in the "other" section of the "Game Options" menu of the Sims 4 that "Enable Custom Content and Mods" and "Script Mods Allowed" are checked
  • I already confirmed that after opening the Gallery, in the "Advanced" section, "Include Custom Content" is already checked.

What do I do? Please help as I would like to begin playing with the CC Sims and house as soon as possible.

Message 1 of 6 (11,323 Views)

Re: Sims4 - Can't Get CC Sims/House to Show Up in Game

Hero

Hi @AphroditeFilaki9

not sure I understand you right but the cc that comes with sims/houses needs to be downloaded seperately and then put into the mods folder, not the tray one

So:

• Sims and houses you download go into the tray folder
  • CC that you need for them go into the mods folder.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (11,299 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Crinrict, 

Thank you for responding.  I know that I am supposed to have the downloaded sims and households in the Tray folder and the cc content into the Mods folder.  That's why I don't understand why the downloaded sims/houses are not showing up :/

Message 3 of 6 (11,286 Views)

Hero

So it's the actual house/Sim that's not showing up or the cc content within that house ?

Does the CC itself show up when you go to build/buy mode or also not ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (11,271 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, the actual house/sim does not show up in my gallery but when I go into build mode, the content that is used for the house and sim are both there for me to use manually.

Message 5 of 6 (11,246 Views)

Hero
Could you post a picture of the content of your tray folder then ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (11,236 Views)