Re: .Sims3packs won't download.

by roberta591

Original Post

.Sims3packs won't download.

★★★ Novice

Hi fellow simmers!

I'm having a problem with downloading custom content that are .Sims3pack files. I usually have no problem, but when I'm downloading sims from The Exchange, or downloading items from Tumblr that come in the .sims3pack file form.

Every time I try to download it, it successfully gets to the loading screen, but then says that I need to update my software and to try again later. This has been happening for a few weeks, and it's just starting to annoy me.

I've tried repairing my game, as someone from the EA live chat told me to do, and it didn't work. I don't know if there is a way to do it without having to uninstall and reinstalling my game.

If anyone can help me, that would be great. I just need this fixed since I can't contact EA because there are no live people available.

Below are pictures showing what happens, and how I've tried to solve it and failed.

Thank you!

Heart

Message 1 of 4 (338 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@lesbiantrait  Can you download items from the store? What is the version of your game - launcher lower left? When you download a sims3pack file it need to be opened by the default program sims3launcher.

Message 2 of 4 (325 Views)

★★★ Novice

@roberta591

Yes, I can usually download stuff from the store. The version of my game is 1.69.43.024017.

I've downloaded stuff successfully from the exchange before, but it's just not working on everything.

Message 3 of 4 (320 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@lesbiantrait  The Exchange is ruled by terms set by EA. If the Exchange item has proprietary items that you don't own (yet), the download may be blocked. This includes recolors and or modified items. It should be listed what you need but it is not always listed and I think (my opinion) the checking for proprietary items might not be what it should be. If the base item is prior to 2012 it may not work. The Exchange is not controlled like the store is. If something simple will download then the problem is with the item.

Message 4 of 4 (309 Views)