Re: Sims3 won't close

by Andromache2013

Original Post

Sims3 won't close

★ Novice
So I've tried force-quitting the game and it still won't close. Because it's still open I can't shut down, restart or log out of my computer. I've tried multiple times to let the battery die but as long as there's the tiniest bit of power left it just goes to sleep. Because I've tried to force quit and shut down but sims 3 was still open, I can't do anything on my computer as it thinks it's closing down but the sims 3 being open will prevent it from doing so. I'm done with this game and the fact that I can never play it cause it constantly crashes. Any suggestions on how to finally get it to close would be super helpful! Every manual over ride I've tried hasn't worked.
Message 1 of 19 (22,472 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

Can you kill the process?

Not too sure how it works on a laptop (should be roughly the same) - but open the task manager with ctrl, alt and delete. It should open up under the tab, Applications. Right click on the Sims 3 and choose "Go to process"  - then once you have found that, click on the Kill Process.

Hope that helps

Message 2 of 19 (22,272 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem as well, and for a while, I resorted to shutting down my laptop everytime it turned black and went on a continuous music loop. That worked but was quite incoveniencing. Now, if I save it, but do not hit 'save and quit,' it will save. Then if you hit 'quit' and 'just exit' it worked for me. Hope this helps ^.^

Message 3 of 19 (22,243 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have this problem as well. My Sims3 has been running for 3 days, even when I shut the laptop down overnight, it stays on in the same spot as when I left. How do I close it out??? I have ctrl alt deleted a few times, shut down the laptop manually a few times. Nothing happens when I try to click the 3 dots on the lower left hand corner.
Message 4 of 19 (20,821 Views)

Hero

Did you start the task manager and closed the ts3 (or ts3w.exe) process from there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 19 (20,813 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The sims screen is stuck. I can still exit out but i can't shut it down properly. What do I do?

Disappointed

Message 6 of 19 (20,774 Views)

Hero

KIll the ts3.exe (or ts3w.exe) process through the task manager

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (20,762 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me. I pressed command ,option and escape all at once and  a list popped up. I scrolled down to sims 3 pressed it and clicked force quit that worked for me.I hope it helps.

Message 8 of 19 (20,745 Views)

★★★ Newbie

when i go on my apps, sims 3 is not there, so i cant "kill the process" and the main problem im having is uninstalling Sims 3, it says it is open and running, even though i can't see it. 

Message 9 of 19 (19,753 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Same here Frown

This happens to me every time my game freezes and animations continue (or sound plays, animations continue and without animations playing and game is frozen despite the playing sound) at a certain time (2am or earlier). I have done too many things to prevent it, but all of them didn't help at all.

To begin with, I ALWAYS 'kill' the process via Task Manager as I am on a Windows 7 computer and playing in windowed mode. This way it's easier for me to access Task Manager by right clicking at the Taskbar and not doing the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination which leads to crashing my game to desktop.

After a few seconds I see a message saying "Sims 3 has stopped working: Windows is collecting more information...." and every time I click on Cancel, NOTHING happens! Even if I start a new game!

I also tried running the game in compatibility mode, restart the computer and powering the computer off, which all of them seem to have NO specific result and making things worse.

I always thought it was supposed to be a spawner, Overwatch notification or just my computer freezing (or letting my game not exit) for good? I didn't think it was supposed to be the whole cause to the problem, but what can be the whole cause to the problem?

Any help would be much appreciated. Standard smile

Thank you!

(Sorry for my bad English.)

Message 10 of 19 (19,693 Views)