Re: Sims3 Won't Uninstall from Origin - button missing.[Mac]

by ArtsieA

Original Post

Sims3 Won't Uninstall from Origin - button missing.[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi!
I've read the official uninstall from origin - however when I right click on my origin purchases the uninstall button does not appear after hide.
I have Base, Showtime, Supernatural, Town Stuff Pack & Island Paradise all purchased through origin installed. I would like to uninstall showtime and supernatural expansion packs online. I don't mind losing the current game I have loaded as I want to play with different expansion packs. 

On Mac OS X 10.9.3

Message 1 of 5 (2,199 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@maddiejeanv wrote:

Hi!
I've read the official uninstall from origin - however when I right click on my origin purchases the uninstall button does not appear after hide.
I have Base, Showtime, Supernatural, Town Stuff Pack & Island Paradise all purchased through origin installed. I would like to uninstall showtime and supernatural expansion packs online. I don't mind losing the current game I have loaded as I want to play with different expansion packs. 

On Mac OS X 10.9.3

Hi

Can you try uninstalling the games from your hard drive instead of from Origin. Go into Applications and look for the folder called "The Sims 3". The games should appear in there along with the uninstaller.

Also see here regarding leftover transgaming files that may remain after using the uninstaller: http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

Caspin

Message 2 of 5 (2,178 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue! The game doesn't show up in my apps in the Sims 3 folder so I have no way to manually uninstall!

Message 3 of 5 (2,112 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@RachelFL13 wrote:

I'm having the same issue! The game doesn't show up in my apps in the Sims 3 folder so I have no way to manually uninstall!

Hi

Are there any folders at all related to The Sims 3 that you can find? You may need to run a search to find their exact location, just in case they have not installed into the standard location for some reason.

Caspin

Message 4 of 5 (2,106 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, so my computer it seems like the folder of the Sims 3 doesn't have the uninstalller so what do I do if the button is missing and the folder is missing the uninstaller?

Message 5 of 5 (1,145 Views)