Re: Sims3 Store bought items Prevent Upload to S3 Exchange

by Belisha_Beacon

Original Post

Sims3 Store bought items Prevent Upload to S3 Exchange

★★★★ Guide

Hello!

Hope someone can assistance and offer solution!

Sims3 Store bought items Prevent Upload to S3 Exchange!

Sims3 Launcher confirms success to S3 exchange.  When I visit my page,  the build is not listed on my account nor displays on the Exchange/ Four times and every time fail to be added to my sims3 online account.

Someone suggested Custard check.  After doing so, seems fine, nothing fishy, the app states there is store content attached. 

Not a problem! Fair enough!

Hmm, so, deleted all the store bought items from the build, attempt upload to the Sims3 exchange,  and lo and behold,  now it uploads to the sims3 site and displays on the Exchange.

So, why now after removing the Sims3 store purchased items from the build,  EA allows success upload to Exchange?   There is nothing dodgy, they were not stolen, or cloned. The build/buy items are legit purchased thru the sims3 store, so why EA block my Sims3 Exchange build?

What a hellava effort to upload to the s3 site.

Anyone know what going on?

Message 1 of 3 (407 Views)

@Belisha_Beacon  The Exchange can be pretty fussy, and sometimes certain custom content items prevent an upload from being accepted.  I haven't heard of a store item causing this kind of issue though.  As an experiment, can you create an otherwise empty lot with only the store items you needed to remove and see if that lot uploads properly?  I'd be curious to know whether it works.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (390 Views)

★★★★ Guide

"The Exchange can be pretty fussy, and sometimes certain custom content items prevent an upload from being accepted.  I haven't heard of a store item causing this kind of issue though.  As an experiment, can you create an otherwise empty lot with only the store items you needed to remove and see if that lot uploads properly?  I'd be curious to know whether it works."

Hi @puzzlezaddict 

Yeah, I agree the Exchange can be wonky at times.  Upon checking the uploaded build, it appears I never deleted all the store stuff.  So, in saying that I have no idea why it refused to add to exchange.

No matter, its cool 😎  now.

Thats a good idea for an experiment to create an empty lot  with only the store items and check again.  Funny thing, I think it may have been the tiki buy items that were causing the issue, so I shall test.

Cheers for feedback and happy simmin' to you!

Message 3 of 3 (350 Views)