Re: Sims wont move since newest update!

by dorilcarcw

Original Post

Sims wont move since newest update!

★★ Novice

Ever since the new updated my sims wont move. I've tried everything. I've repaired the game, messed with the settings, updated my drivers, ect.... ive played this game for so long just fine until the most recent update and now within minutes of playing the game my sims just stop doing ANYTHING. the game is not frozen. the tv still plays in the background the food still spoils and they look around a bit but they wont move. I can command them to do things until the cows come home but they just continue to stand there. I have to force quit the game because I'm afraid they will die from starvation. I don't have any mods and ive tried contacting EA games but I cant ever seem to get through. please help.

Message 1 of 10 (344 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Are you using cc in your game ?  If so, please remove them 

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

EDIT: Just makeing sure it's also no cc

Another reason could be Sims doing homework/talking which causes freezing. You can just cancel the homework/talking in the queue and it should start working again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (330 Views)

★★★ Expert

No mods so try this.

1. Enter the hose with the stuck sims.

2. Press CTRL+SHIFT+C all at the same time.

3. Type "testingcheats on" without the quotation marks.

4. Press the Enter key.

5.Hold down the SHIFT key while clicking on each sim and choose RESET OBJECT (DEBUG) on each of them.

See if that gets them able to move again.

Message 3 of 10 (323 Views)

★★ Novice
I try to cancel all ques and still nothing. No cc. Ive been trying to get ahold of ea but the instant chat never goes through.
Message 4 of 10 (309 Views)

★★ Novice
I will definitely try the debigging thing and get back to you.
Message 5 of 10 (308 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
Well the testing cheats thing didnt work. They speed doing whatever they were doing like if they got stuck on the toilet it would stand then up but they still won't do anything.
Message 6 of 10 (298 Views)

★★★ Expert

Sounds like lag, or things being oddball, like garden weeds no being where they appear.

The garden weed trouble can be temporarily corrected by moving planters with weeds in them and weeding them, or permanently by no using planters at all.

Lag can be helped by lowering graphics settings, cleaning out the personal inventories of sims that have more that 20 or so different items in there pockets.

If you happen to have a sim that has more than about 15 traits (including reward and hidden traits) that can also cause the lag you describe - there pausing for a few seconds allows the game to catch up. Usually you see this with pauses during cooking or woodcarving and, while harvesting the garden. That's just the game engine tring to process whims, moodlets and reaction when there are so many traits affecting things for it to work out the right way to go.

Message 7 of 10 (296 Views)

★★ Novice

it doesn't seem like typical lag though. everything keeps moving around them. the flies buzz, the fire keeps moving, the tv keeps playing, ect and they have reactions like they get frustrated when they start to get hungry they just wont DO anything about it.

Message 8 of 10 (294 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (280 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks I'll try that too
Message 10 of 10 (272 Views)