by IronKnight442

Original Post

Sims won't try for baby

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, parenthood, and seasons.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't think it's common but just press try for baby.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims perform the celebration action for trying for baby indicating they've agreed to try for baby, but they never begin moving to the bed and never end up pregnant, the action just stops after they expressed happiness. There's no complaining they can't reach the bed or recognition they began at all, they don't get any buffs or have the option to have a pregnancy test.
What do you expect to see? For sims to move to the bed and... actually try for a baby and then get pregnant or not get pregnant.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Both sims have full relationship, needs, are flirty, are young adults, the bed is accessible to both, have complimentary abilities to reproduce, and the option is available. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, played with and without mods, and it's gone through several patches since the issue first began. I've used multiple households and couples and none will try for a baby at all. They won't woohoo either but I don't really care about that, I just tested it out to try and figure out the issue. I'm big on playing families and legacies so this is really annoying.

Message 1 of 16 (20,490 Views)

Re: Sims won't try for baby

Champion
Are you sure the bed is accessible to both? If they can't woohoo either, then that suggests its caused by the same thing.

My sims aren't having any problems with this, so it sounds like something specific to your setup.

- Is this something happening to every sim couple in your game across multiple households? Have you tried a new vanilla save file to see if it happens there too?
- Is the bed against a wall on one side? While sims can apparently scoot to sleep, this doesn't work with WooHoo.
-Try removing any obstructions beside the bed, such as end tables with stuff on them that were placed with MoveObjects on
- Is there some kind of modesty thing going on? Such as a toddler in the room with them. They won't do it with a youngster in the room, except for babies because they're objects.
Message 2 of 16 (20,468 Views)

★★ Novice

The bed is definitely accessible, I've moved it to the centre of the room with nothing around it and they don't indicate they can't reach it. It's happened to every couple I've tried, across multiple save files and households, with user controlled and townie sims, there's nothing like toddlers in the household at all. I wouldn't expect it to be common since if it were a major issue it'd have been fixed months ago but I'm hoping there's something easy to fix behind it. 

Message 3 of 16 (20,461 Views)

Hero
Did you try renaming your user folder as well or just reinstall the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (20,444 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm not sure, I don't know how to rename the users folder but I uninstalled and reinstalled the sims on origin.

Message 5 of 16 (20,437 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (20,424 Views)

★★★★ Guide

try a bed in another spot or another woohoo space

Message 7 of 16 (20,389 Views)

★★★★ Guide
sometimes if you save a game when sims sleep in a bed the bed gets bugged and thinks the sim is still in bed, if you delete the bed in build mode and than click the undo button it will sometimes reset the bed and make it useable again. Also make sure all doors and steps are not blocked by objects like the projects on the floor from schools, If you have seasons and have holidays with the gnomes active they may be spawning in the place your sim wants to walk to, but can't complain because game don't know the path is blocked, wait until holiday is over than try again. Sometimes if a diary is in the bed it may have gotten repositioned so that the book is interfering with woohoo. Remove the diary from the bed and try again. If the grim reaper is on the lot or the gnome that looks like death will also sometimes prevent woohoo. Make sure no other sims are pregnant in your household or woohooing at the same time, I tried that once and I got puzzled results one try for baby would fail and the other would succeed passed on who got done first, since a pregnant sim can have up to 3 kids at once, it blocks the others in the house from having kids until the sim that is pregnant has the kid or kids.
Message 8 of 16 (20,370 Views)

Hero
Moving this to tech as OP never came back to say if this is solved or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (20,358 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much, you just saved my sanity. My bed was in the corner.

Message 10 of 16 (19,503 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help