Re: Sims won't share a bed

by DonroaAkashu

Original Post

Sims won't share a bed

★★★ Novice

Please help! My sims whose relationships bars are maxed out won't sleep or woohoo in the same double bed. They'll act all excited when asked to woohoo, one will start walking towards the bed then the other sim will wave like something's in her way or have a thought bubble with the bed. They also won't sleep in the same bed. I've tried everything, moving everything from around the bed, moving the bed so there's nothing in their way, resetting the bed and the sims, buying a new bed, reoairing game, everything. And still same issue :/

Message 1 of 15 (1,166 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@WeeNat_69When sims wave in the air with a thought bubble of crossed out objects, it's because they cannot route to it. Make sure there is at least 1/2 a tile/grid all around the bed, and that there is nothing on the walls, floor, hanging from the roof etc that blocks them. Sometimes it is not intuitive - a window can be an obstacle for instance.

If you want you could upload the room/build and I can take a look at it.

Message 2 of 15 (1,143 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Like I said, I moved absolutely everything from around the bed so nothing could've been blocking it and it still done it but maybe there was something I missed because there is a lot of clutter idk :/ yes, I will upload the bedroom to the gallery tomorrow and I'd be so grateful if you could check it out. I'll let you know once I've uploaded. Thanks Standard smile

Also, the bed isn't crossed out in the thought bubble. It's just a thought bubble of the bed and sometimes the couch for some reason which is in a different room and doesn't block her from getting to the bedroom any other time :/

[CM - merged multiple posts together]

Message 3 of 15 (1,131 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi are you there? I'm going to upload my house to the gallery if you want to take a look?

Message 4 of 15 (1,080 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Expert

@WeeNat_69Yes, I am here. Tell me the name of the lot and your gallery name, and I'll try Standard smile

Message 5 of 15 (1,065 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There are sometimes invisible glitched objects that hide under the floor or foundation...

You can try and bulldoze the room and then rebuild it. It is a pain I know, but I had a similar issue and it worked for me.

Message 6 of 15 (1,041 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Standard smile I uploaded it. It's under the name Help please and my ID is WeeNat_69. Like I've said, I've tried EVERYTHING Frown but maybe you can help

Message 7 of 15 (1,006 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@WeeNat_69  Thank you, I will try. If I need to enable MOO before placing it, please tell. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Message 8 of 15 (984 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes you need to enable move objects Standard smile

Message 9 of 15 (974 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@WeeNat_69   I moved everything out of the room one object at a time, but not until I moved the bed off from the wall would my sims use it.

half a grid on each side of the bed.png

There is a bug report on sims not being able to scoot anymore, here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-won-t-share-a-double-bed-that-is-placed-against-a-wa...

I think perhaps the house was built when they could, and that is why the bed is put all the way up against the wall. When you moved the bed, did you try doing that? Could you try now, and see if it works? Move the bed off from the wall. Sims need half a tile/grid (the squares you can see in Build mode) to be able to route/go somewhere, and the animation sends them to each side of the bed. Tell me if it doesn't work. And click Me Too on the bug report, I will as well. Standard smile

Message 10 of 15 (938 Views)