Sims won't or can't enter their household

by RachieBee22

Original Post

Re: Sims won't or can't enter their household

@Trish14333 I am not sure what you're trying to do. But what you need to do to get what you are describing:
Push ctrl+shift+c on your keyboard together, then you'll see a white bar at the top of the screen. Typ in that bar 'testingcheats true' and hit enter.

Now the game should give you feedback that it has been enabled. Try the shift clicking then. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 11 of 17 (13,271 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having a similar problem. I have 2 sims that I just had had a date for them in the park. During that date, they got engaged and came back home cause the woman was tired and needed to sleep. I got back home and the cursor was the regular one but with the 2 footprints next to it. I cannot click anywhere for them to go to one spot. I took some tips like going back to the park, resetting them, adding a deck, checking the door, and then the CAS idea. None of it has worked and I am starting to get very frustrated. I do have cheats on for all of these things, as I usually cheat a lot. I am not too new to the Sims 4, But I really don't know what else to do... Please help.

Thank you.

Message 12 of 17 (12,840 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

UPDATE

Even when I put a bed and a toilet outside for them to use, they still cannot move, even though there is no doors or anything to restrict movement.

Message 13 of 17 (12,834 Views)

Hero

Hi  @Chaserofthemoon2 

have you tried moving the entire family out and back in via the household manager ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 17 (12,782 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i don't really think this would work for many people, but yes i might give this a try.

Message 15 of 17 (12,480 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this problem after building a home and then moving in. the welcome party came over, and i couldn't get into the house. I traveled to the library, then clicked the go home button on the portrait, and it resolved.

Message 16 of 17 (45,271 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @stevensdale,

I've marked your workaround as the solution to pin it up top for readers. Standard smile Thanks for sharing it.

I'll lock this thread here as it's a bit of an oldie but if future readers continue to run into this issue after trying the advice in this thread , please pop open a new thread and add some more information.

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 17 of 17 (12,079 Views)