Sims won't open

by JazzieThuqqinz

Original Post

Sims won't open

★ Apprentice

The game won't open. I downloded it last night but it refuses to open up. This is how my file looks.

Message 1 of 12 (577 Views)

Re: Sims won't open

@JazzieThuqqinz  What happens when you try to launch the game?  Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 12 (546 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict When i try to launch it nothing happens , when i try to run it as admin, it asks me if i want to launch Sims 4 Legacy, I click yes and still nothing happens. I dont think it should be trying to run Sims Legacy because I shouldnt have it.

Message 3 of 12 (540 Views)

@JazzieThuqqinz  Your'e right, you don't need the Legacy Edition.  Are you trying to launch Sims 4 from the shortcut on the desktop?  If the shortcut points to TS4.exe (the .exe for the Legacy Edition), that might be the issue, although usually Origin calls the correct .exe anyway.  Still, try running Origin as an admin but launching Sims 4 through the Play button within Origin.

You can also try disabling Origin in-game.  There's a global setting, accessible by hovering over your username and selecting Application Settings > Origin in-game; and a Sims 4-specific setting, accessible by right-clicking on the game icon in Origin and selecting Game Properties.

If these steps don't help, temporarily disable any antivirus/firewall you have.  If it works, you can add exceptions for Origin.exe and TS4_x64.exe.

Message 4 of 12 (519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict I usually launch it through the "play" button in origin, and i still have the problem. I also disabled my antivirus and tried and it still did not work. As for disabling Origin in-game, I tried to do that an got a little lost. I got to this point and got confused.

Message 5 of 12 (502 Views)

@JazzieThuqqinz  In the first screenshot, click the green icon to the right of "Enable Origin in-game" to disable it.  In the second screenshot, uncheck the box next to "Enable Origin in-game for The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe."  Usually it's enough to disable just one of the settings, but it's better to change both, just to be thorough.

Message 6 of 12 (489 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict Unfortunaly that did not work.

Message 7 of 12 (479 Views)

@JazzieThuqqinz  Okay, please look for related entries in the Reliability Monitor.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes.  You'll see a chart tracking errors and updates, with a list for each day.  For today and yesterday, look for any entries that mention Origin or Sims 4, or any that are from the same time when you tried to launch the game.  For each one you find, click View technical details, copy the information into a text document (Notepad works fine), and upload the file to a reply here.

Message 8 of 12 (476 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict Okay. Give me a minute, I was trying to uninstall and re-install Sims 4 and now it wont let me re-install it. It says at the top that im offline and it wont let me go online, I exit the window and Origin say I am online.

Message 9 of 12 (467 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict also nothing related to origin/sims showed up when i look at the Reliability Monitor chart.
Message 10 of 12 (460 Views)