by rayincbr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims won't load

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? ?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dogs and Cats
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ?
What happens when the bug occurs? My daughter has a digital version of Sims4 on Origin. It starts to load up then doesn't. We've deleted and reinstalled but same issue. Thoughts?
What do you expect to see? Sims starting
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My daughter has a digital version of Sims4 on Origin. It starts to load up then doesn't. We've deleted and reinstalled but same issue. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 5 (350 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims won't load

@rayincbr  I don't think your daughter did anything to cause this.  The Sims 4 crashes in the dxdiag reference Nahimic, a component of audio software often installed on Dell laptops.  As a test, please open the Task Manager, look for any entries in background processes with the word Nahimic in the name, and End Task.  Services shut down this way can start up again the next time the computer is restarted, but they should stay disabled until then.

By the way, the C drive on this laptop is quite low on space, enough to block a Windows feature update and perhaps enough to cause other system issues.  It's a good idea to try to have at least 25-30 GB free at all times, although you can get away with just over 20.  One easy way to make space is to clear out the Downloads folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (295 Views)

All Replies

@rayincbr  What happens when the game starts to load?  How far in the process does it get, and then what do you see?

Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 5 (324 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nothing happens- the game looks like it's about to load and appears on the taskbar, but after a couple of seconds it just closes out.  She hadn't played it in a few months, so maybe we've done something stupid...

DxDiag attached

Thanks for your response!

Ray

Message 3 of 5 (300 Views)

@rayincbr  I don't think your daughter did anything to cause this.  The Sims 4 crashes in the dxdiag reference Nahimic, a component of audio software often installed on Dell laptops.  As a test, please open the Task Manager, look for any entries in background processes with the word Nahimic in the name, and End Task.  Services shut down this way can start up again the next time the computer is restarted, but they should stay disabled until then.

By the way, the C drive on this laptop is quite low on space, enough to block a Windows feature update and perhaps enough to cause other system issues.  It's a good idea to try to have at least 25-30 GB free at all times, although you can get away with just over 20.  One easy way to make space is to clear out the Downloads folder.

Message 4 of 5 (296 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks puzzlezaddict- end tasked the Nahimic tasks and it worked! I've just had a quick look through her laptop and yep she's been downloading a bunch of stuff so we'll do a clean out.

Thanks again!

Ray

Message 5 of 5 (286 Views)