Re: Sims won't load

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims won't load

★★ Novice

So my Sims 4 game will go through al the logo screens, then before I can get to the "load game" option or "create a sim", the screen goes completely white. Then any other tabs open lag out aswell. Then I can't get the blank tab to close, only being able to force it out by restarting my Windows computer. I've tried the repair option in Origin and I don't have any custom content or mods downloaded, but nothing seems to work. I really need some help!!

Message 1 of 8 (570 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@BlueJayDays1599   Did the game ever work? This game creates some files when it starts up and it sounds like it is crashing. If your conputer is a PC how much free space is on your system drive C: ? If your computer is a PC, does your user have administrator rights?

Message 2 of 8 (562 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, the game has worked MANY times before. I've had it well over 2 years now. I am the only user of this PC, and there are very few to no files, games or any of the space-consuming types. 

Message 3 of 8 (559 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (520 Views)

★★ Novice

Here it is:

Message 5 of 8 (500 Views)

Hero
@BlueJayDays1599 Your drivers are from 2016. Try updating those.

Also make sure your computer uses the Nvidia card for the game and not the Intel Chip: https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/05/setting-up-a-gaming-profile-for-your-graphics-card.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (481 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay, that's weird, I was about to try out the things you suggested when I saw a content patch available. I refreshed my origin and downloaded it, now my game is good as new? Any thoughts on why?

Message 7 of 8 (464 Views)

Hero
@BlueJayDays1599 Some kind of incompatibility ? Really hard to guess.

I would update drivers anyways.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (450 Views)