Sims won’t load! Tried everything!

by margaretwr558

Original Post

Highlighted

Sims won’t load! Tried everything!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i downloaded some CC and my game ran slow. So, i deleted some mods from my folder and when i clicked back to my game it wouldn’t let me click play on any of the households (mine or NPCs) so i repaired the game and when i came back it wouldn’t even load the game. I looked up solutions and one was to delete the game and redownload which i did but didn’t work (i put my cc back little by little while starting the game a few times, and while it’ll load, it would do the same thing and not let me play. Then i used the mod detector but that didn’t work either. It just said “unable to load game components disabled by user” and idk what that means. Like i must have done something i don’t know. I’m redownloading it now and am gonna launch without the mods and do a new game but does anyone have advice? 

Message 1 of 3 (1,501 Views)

Re: Sims won’t load! Tried everything!

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello @margaretwr558 

Game Mods may interfere with game updates. If the game is not working properly, the first thing I would recommend you even before re-installing the game would be to delete all the mods you're using in your computer. Here I leave you an article about Mods and Game Updates Standard smile https://help.ea.com/en/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates/

Message 2 of 3 (1,484 Views)

Re: Sims won’t load! Tried everything!

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@margaretwr558

Move the mods folder to the desktop.

Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder

Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods you are using.

Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method
If it will not work then we'll try another method later

I don't work for EA

Message 3 of 3 (1,480 Views)