Re: Sims won’t go to work

by pwejskdcc5

Original Post

Sims won’t go to work

★ Novice

My sims will not go to work. When I click on the “go to work” button, nothing happens. I have tried restarting the game. I have looked at my work clothes and changed them, I tried repairing the game, I’ve even tried redownloading the game and nothing will work

Message 1 of 5 (409 Views)

@pwejskdcc5  Have you tried telling your sim to change into work clothes before going to work?  What happens if you send the sim to the work lot (click on the ground and use Go Here), and only tell them to work once they're on the lot?

And which job is this?  It's possible that the work building itself is a bit glitched and needs to be reset.  Without mods, the only way to do this would be to bulldoze the building in Edit Town and place a new one; you could save the existing copy to the bin first and replace it.  But be sure to place a second copy of the same type of work building before removing the first one, or your sim and all others employed in that career will lose their jobs.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (392 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I have no option to change into work clothes and I have no clue where her work is. I know it’s at a coffee house but it doesn’t tell me which one or in which “town” and I haven’t been able to send my sim to work even one day to figure out where.
Message 3 of 5 (372 Views)

@pwejskdcc5  Did you switch to this sim from another household, or maybe move her into your current one?  If the sim was previously a barista at a coffee shop, that kind of job gets dropped when a sim becomes part of the active household.  Role assignments don't work with actively played sims.

The best case scenario is that the sim becomes unemployed, and you can assign a new job.  But sometimes the old role kind of gets stuck, with no way to work and no way to quit.  Since your sim won't be able to maintain her job, you could try getting her a different one, then having her quit that too if you'd rather she not pursue that career.  If that doesn't work either, then the options are either to try to reset her (not the cheat console way; this would require something more invasive) or to revert to a save from before you started playing with her, if you have one.

If this sim happens to have a different job, i.e. a proper one that active sims can pursue, let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (359 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I switched my sims outfit before work and changed the career. Then restarted the game and it is working now. Thank you for the help
Message 5 of 5 (347 Views)