Re: Sims won't go to work or school

by annastella82

Original Post

Sims won't go to work or school

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except Discover University, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Parenthood Game Pack, Outdoor Retreat pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on Career Panel during school hours, click Go To School, and nothing happens. Or when the sim is meant to leave the house for the acting gig, the action never happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing, the button doesn't do what it is meant to. It is like the acting gig never happens or they don't have school.
What do you expect to see? Sims go to school/work
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sims won't go to an acting gig or school. They just continue their action when the time to leave comes, and the action to leave the house never appears. The button to send the sim to school does nothing. 

Message 1 of 9 (3,008 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ekadie247 See this for acting: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GF-Acting-Career-Sim-not-getting-gig-pop-up/td-p/8...

For school, is there some kind of holiday going on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,959 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@ekadie247 I noticed that the sims goes to work if she/he remains always in his house after you choose the audition but it is annoying...
Message 3 of 9 (2,892 Views)

Hero
@annastella82 Is this just for the actor career ? Best to use the other thread I linked

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (2,883 Views)

★★ Guide

For school, I have a few questions:

1. Are they using an umbrella/is it raining?

2. Is there a club gathering going on?

If so, it may be this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-Teen-and-older-can-t-go-to-work-school-during/m...

I noticed after reporting that issue that it occurs most when it's raining, my sims are using an umbrella, and a club gathering is going on. I had the issue marked as 100% because that was the situation I was in for the duration of my game sessions at the time.

Message 5 of 9 (2,856 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope, no holidays while school is on. 

I have experimented a bit, and the only way I can get them to school is by taking them to the park and clicking the button from there, which works

Message 6 of 9 (2,837 Views)

Hero
@ekadie247 Are those kids in the same household as the actor ? If so, do kids in other households also have this issue (for testing purposes)

Did you delete the localthumbcache file after removing the mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (2,808 Views)

Hero
@ekadie247 Are you still having issues with the kids going to school ? See my questions above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (2,744 Views)

Hero
@ekadie247 Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (2,713 Views)