Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims won't eat unless they are active sim

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, and My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select a Sim to eat something, whether it be a leftover thing in a fridge or food made in a microwave or on a stove, have Sim eat the food.
What happens when the bug occurs? The active Sim that was made to eat food will eat so long as they are the active Sim with the Plumbob over their head. As soon as I click off of the eating Sim, they stop actively eating their meal. The animation of the Sim sitting or standing with the plate of food and sometimes a utensil remains, but the action of eating the food stops if they are not the active, selected Sim.
What do you expect to see? Sim should continue eating until the food on the plate is gone, regardless of their active or inactive status.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This issue only occurs in one of my Sim households across my entire set of save files. No other of my Sim households or saves has this issue. Whenever I have someone in this particular household eat, unless they are the active Sim (meaning they have a Plumbob over their head), they will not continue eating until they are the active Sim again. It happens with every member of the household every time they eat, no matter where they are or what other Sims are around. The animation of the Sim sitting or standing with the plate of food and (if they were holding one previously) a utensil in their hand remains, but the action of eating the food stops. I have always had CC installed with this household and when I noticed this issue, I removed all CC but the issue persisted with no CC installed. I have since put the CC back, after having gone through all of it to be sure it was all up to date and functioning properly, and the issue continues to persist. Via the link provided below, there are two separate videos of the issue I'm experiencing. You should notice that the Sims in each video (one Sim in each video) will continue the eating action so long as they are the active Sim, noteable by the Plumbob. Once they are NOT the active Sim and the plumbob disappears, they Sim stops eating and does not continue until the Plumbob reappears and they are the active Sima again. Both Sims are in the same household, eating at different times. Additionally, in investigating this issue, I read some suggestions to others with a similar issue as mine to remove all CC couches, sofas, and sometimes all CC furniture that has been placed in the house altogether. Others suggested also removing all things placed in the house that pets are able to interact with due to a past bug that EA has since patched. I have done all of this with still no change to the Sims not eating unless they are the active Sim. I replaced all the furniture and appliances in the house with different furniture and appliances and the same furniture with the same result.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AYiCGClwP15JQHxaxzkXtNzHWR-IA9-T/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iMzk-hB0cv6Vz-m4mgLMvG5p731d51-h/view?usp=sharing

Message 1 of 7 (1,426 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims won't eat unless they are active sim

★★★★ Novice

My husband and I tested it over the weekend and discovered that it was a CC issue after all. I had MC Command Center installed and there is a setting within MCCC that has to do with household autonomy that we think may have been conflicting with the autonomy settings in Sims 4. My non-active sims are eating normally again. Thank you so much for all your help!

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (1,405 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Could you upload your save ? Doesn't sound like an issue that will be easy to repro if it only happens in one household.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,408 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Sure thing. Will upload shortly.
Message 3 of 7 (1,399 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 4 of 7 (1,398 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Thanks. I'll test if I can duplicate

EDIT: I can't duplicate your issue even on your save. They all eat fine. CC was removed on the save however so could you please try renaming your Sims folder and don't put anything back but your save to see if it still happens.

@MantaLeigha

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (1,383 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It may not be until this weekend when I’ll get a chance to do it but I will try removing my CC again and see what happens. Will update once I’ve tried it.
Message 6 of 7 (1,365 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My husband and I tested it over the weekend and discovered that it was a CC issue after all. I had MC Command Center installed and there is a setting within MCCC that has to do with household autonomy that we think may have been conflicting with the autonomy settings in Sims 4. My non-active sims are eating normally again. Thank you so much for all your help!

Message 7 of 7 (1,406 Views)