Sims won’t drop objects

by supermomsara

Original Post

Sims won’t drop objects

★★ Novice

This is a problem I have seen countless reports of on a couple of the Facebook groups I am on.

during gameplay, items will get stuck in the sims hand. Sometimes it’s toys or plates or glasses or books there hasn’t been any specific item causing it. As a result sims won’t do anything. They start the attempt then stop. For example I tell my sim to go to bed, they get in the bed then get right back out. Tell them to go to the bathroom, they sit and then they get right back up. The adult sims most of the time you can find a work around like telling them to put it back like books on the book shelf or repeatedly telling them to wash a dish till they do it but the challenge comes more seriously with toddlers. If a plate or toy gets stuck in their hand most times it results in said toddler getting taken away. Because they won’t eat and they won’t sleep. Hopefully this can be fixed soon, I’ve pretty much resorted to sticking to build mode until it is because I don’t want my sims to die or get taken away.

Message 1 of 3 (4,679 Views)

Re: Sims won’t drop objects

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@supermomsara

Go to your TS4 folder.
Documents/Electronic Arts /The Sims4.
Find inside the game folder localthumbcache.package file. Delete it!!! It will create again but without saved errors.
Then fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right click on TS4 - option: "repair game"

I think it will work but if not - you can always use "reset sim" option

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/how-do-i-reset-my-sim-and-what-does-that-do/

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 3 (4,662 Views)

Re: Sims won’t drop objects

★★★ Newbie

I had this same problem!! I found that going to a dresser or mirror and selecting ‘Plan Outfit’ and then exiting out of it should get rid of the object! 

Good luck!!

Message 3 of 3 (4,604 Views)