Sims won't do anything on their own

by jopeaches

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims won't do anything on their own

★★★★ Novice

Hi! So, I've been having this problem for like a week now, my Sims won't do anything on their own. If they are hungry, they don't go and eat anymore or go to the toilet when their needs are red. However, they do all the activities I command them to, but they won't do them on their own anymore. I took a lot of CC out, but the problem is still here. I also have a problem with a bar, I haven't been able to make them drink for months now. Can you help me, please? I really don't know what to do anymore.

Message 1 of 8 (6,062 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims won't do anything on their own

Hero
@jopeaches You have autonomy off in your options.

For me they still do stuff it the level gets really low though.

Maybe it's just the autonomy off that's the issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (5,961 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @jopeaches 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (6,025 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Hello, thanks for suggestions. The error dissapears when I behind a new game but as soon as I load the old save, the error it's still here. Frown
Message 3 of 8 (6,002 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@jopeaches begin*
Message 4 of 8 (5,998 Views)

Hero

Hi @jopeaches 

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (5,985 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just dmed you, thank you Standard smile

Message 6 of 8 (5,976 Views)

Hero
@jopeaches You have autonomy off in your options.

For me they still do stuff it the level gets really low though.

Maybe it's just the autonomy off that's the issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (5,962 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I turned autonomy off because my game was acting up because of the MC Commander. Apparently, that was the problem, thank you!
Message 8 of 8 (5,942 Views)