Sims won't complete tasks

by shayblobness

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims won't complete tasks

★★ Novice

When I try to get my sim to do something, it will cancel the task. For example, I tried to play the guitar. My sim would pick it up, but the task would cancel and my sim would put it back down. I only have CC downloaded. I tried it without the CC and it still happened. I also repaired my game a few times, but that didn't work either. This makes the game pretty unplayable and I can't do anything until it is fixed. Any way this can be fixed?

Message 1 of 5 (8,202 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims won't complete tasks

★★ Novice

I did reset the Sim a few times, but that didn't work. It seemed to only happen on the one sim, but it suddenly stopped happening so I think everything is all good now. Standard smile

(I have no idea what I did to get it to stop)

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (8,190 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@shayblobness   Did you try resetting the sim? If you switch sims does the new sim have the same issue?

Message 2 of 5 (8,192 Views)

★★ Novice

I did reset the Sim a few times, but that didn't work. It seemed to only happen on the one sim, but it suddenly stopped happening so I think everything is all good now. Standard smile

(I have no idea what I did to get it to stop)

Message 3 of 5 (8,191 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@shayblobness I’m having the same problem but it’s on all of my sims
Message 4 of 5 (7,890 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@shayblobness My game's been that way for years. On ALL my sims I usually have to issue a command between 3 to 6 times before the sim actually does it. It's been that way since Sims 2.

FYI... I've been playing Sims Medieval lately and it's doing it there too. This is a VERY OLD bug.
Message 5 of 5 (7,863 Views)