Re: Sims won't complete assigned actions

by AscendioAces

Original Post

Sims won't complete assigned actions

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hey,

My game was working fine yesterday, but today my sims appear to have become disobedient. I am currently playing 2 sims at university, but when I assign them tasks they will start them but after a few sim minutes/hours (depending on activity) the action will just cancel itself.

They aren't being cancelled by an alternative action, it simply just stops. I've noticed this with sleeping, writing books/term papers on the computer, eating, showering and exercising. Sometimes I can work around this by lining up multiple of the same action to keep them working, but it isn't working with sleeping so am having to use cheats.

I have tried to resolve this by resetting the sims, resetting the objects, restarting the game and also repairing the game through Origin. I have also changed the settings to disable sim autonomy, but it hasn't stopped them having autonomy.

I have also noticed the random appearance of that annoying ball of clay repeatedly in my sims inventory. I have never bought one, or picked one up, but they'll randomly start using it. I'll check their inventory and 3-5 of them have randomly generated (they were in their room working so hadn't picked any up on the lot). Not sure if it's related, but it's irritating.

I don't have any mods or CC. I own all packs except for Tiny Living and Moschino Stuff.

Edit:

I restarted my computer, went back into Origin and the game plus all packs had been uninstalled so I reinstalled them and continued my save game. The only positive is that my sims now sleep through the night, but they still won't eat or complete actions and their autonomy is still very much on despite changing the settings. The clay is also still persistent and frustrating. I have pretty much had enough of this bug filled game now Disappointed

Message 1 of 3 (2,045 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@AscendioAces 

What you describe is the result of having some NAPs enacted.

Please see these bug threads and click Me Too on the first posting.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Active-Sims-interrupt-current-interaction-to-do-something...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-Future-Cubes-Clay-Spawning-in-Inventories/m-p/9180759...

I suggest you repeal the NAPs you don't like and enact those you do like.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (1,999 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey,

Thank you for your reply. I thought it was that so used cheats yesterday to repeal all NAPs and turned off NPC voting in settings in both my university and home neighbourhoods. As a result there are no active NAPs in either, but the issues didn't change. 

I may just uninstall eco living, which is a shame as I like the furniture/clothing etc, but the voting causes too much problematic game play for me.

Message 3 of 3 (1,992 Views)