Re: Sims won't complete an action

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims won't complete an action

★★★ Newbie

Ok so there have been lots of similar ones but not completely so so I made my own and I'm sorry is it's a repeat. So today I opens sims and went strait into edit town mode or whatever it's called and dorked around for a bit before choosing a household to play. I made them travel to a bar but did nothing with them and switched households. The two sims stood in front of the house while i clicked around for a bit and when I didn't see the sim moving I checked back in and none of the actions had stayed. I then asked him to find a career and watched the action approach the line between pending and actions the sim is doing and it disappeared. So I thought maybe hes just not into getting a job. So I bought a new expansion pack and went back into the game and played around a bit in edit town mode while the pack downloaded and as soon as I could, I restarted the game to initiate the pack and play with it. So I looked at my new town that I got from the "Sims Get Together" and played a new household and explored etc. etc. and the same thing happened. Other sims were doing things and I could get them to travel but that is it. I have no custom content, I have no mods downloaded except for a few expansion packs and I've tried resetting the sims in several different ways and nothing is working I really don't want to lose my data but I don't really care at this point either.

Message 1 of 2 (1,727 Views)

Re: Sims won't complete an action

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (1,714 Views)