Re: Sims won't bathe or shower

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims won't bathe or shower

★ Novice

My Sims won't bathe or shower. They get in, then immediately get back out, without changing their hygiene. I know this is a known issue, but I have now tried everything I know to do, and nothing has fixed said issue. I've removed all mods, used resetSim, reset the game folders/files, I've deleted localthumbcache.package, and tried doing all of those things in different orders to try to solve the problem. I'm getting really frustrated because I can't play the game with this issue going on.  I'm sorry if I sound harsh - I'm just getting frustrated. As someone who really doesn't have a lot of money, it's a huge deal when I decide to spend my money on a game. And seriously disappointing when it doesn't work. I've had this game for a few months now, and had these mods, with zero problems. I don't know why something like this would just happen, and then not be fairly easily fixable. If anyone has any other info about solutions that I haven't listed, that would be great. Thanks in advance for anyone's help!

Message 1 of 10 (54,912 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@arwenundomiel33

It seems this issue is caused by baby bassinets, take a look at this thread here and see if this helps:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/FEEDBACK-Queues-being-dropped-stuff-added-aka-toilet...

Thanks. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (56,699 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@arwenundomiel33

It seems this issue is caused by baby bassinets, take a look at this thread here and see if this helps:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/FEEDBACK-Queues-being-dropped-stuff-added-aka-toilet...

Thanks. Standard smile

Message 2 of 10 (56,700 Views)

★ Novice

I had literally just figured out it had to do with babies and came back here to see if anyone had replied. I just tried out your solution and it worked! Thank you so much!!

Message 3 of 10 (54,858 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I've been experiencing this issue on one of my games. There are no babies in the house, just one person and their pets. I've tried reseting sim, shower, and after that didn't work I tried selling the object and buying a new one... didn't work... tried buying a different one... didn't work... I've searched through a couple different forms now and it seems this has been a bug going on for some time now and has hit a decent amount of people... Honestly I'm getting really tired of all the bugs I've been running into on sims 4... EA I now highly suggest you actually fix your broken issues in the game before continuing to put out new content for it. With this many issues and bugs, you're going to, and I've already heard you have, loose previously very loyal customers. No one wants to play a glitchy game.

Message 4 of 10 (50,270 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@LeeniusUnicorn 

Please read the accepted solution.

Notice that Pets can also cause this if you have any.

Please see this bug report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Sim-does-not-shower-if-pet-nearby/m-p/6909450#M67504

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 10 (50,253 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem. I picked up the shower and moved it one space and it started working again.

Message 6 of 10 (48,112 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@arwenundomiel33 Yes! Me too it’s so annoying! I hope they fix it in the next patch....
Message 7 of 10 (45,788 Views)

Hero
@smsisita This thread is a bit of an oldie

What happens exactly in your game ? Is it with pets nerby or something else ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (45,692 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

I odn't know if this has been resolved yet, but if you have the magic package then your sim might be cursed. I noticed my sim would take a shower or bath but the bar wouldn't increase. I started started noticing certain curses were popping up and one was the Uncleanliness Curse. No matter what I did to get clean nothing would happen. So I researched potions and there is a cure for the curse. Take the potion, it will reset your sim then take a bath or shower, the bar should now increase. I hope this helps. 

Message 9 of 10 (41,250 Views)

Community Manager
Thanks @12_abc_630264. Standard smile

For future readers, please try the advise shared here. If it helps, please let the poster know by giving them XP (the XP button). If not, please open a new thread and let us know what you're experiencing in more detail and the steps you've tried so far.

I'll close this older thread here.. Thank you.

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 10 of 10 (41,212 Views)