Re: Sims wearing random clothes I haven't set for them?

by SiME3fan

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I played the same family all day.  The outfits in question were in the change outfit menu.  the outfits were changed in CAS also.

Message 11 of 21 (7,065 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I hope this thread isn’t dead, because I’m having the same issue. I have no mods downloaded, and I painstakingly set outfits for my sim, but when I’m playing in love mode, he has extra outfits in almost every category that I did not make him. And so when he changes clothes after showering, after sleeping, or after Woohoo, he seems to prefer the weird random ones. I’ve tried to fix it in CAS, and in the Plan Outfit option at the dresser and neither works, my same normal planned outfits show up and the weird random ones aren’t even there. Help!

Message 12 of 21 (7,027 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Are you sure you just haven't checked to see if they have alternative outfits?

In CAS, you can set up to five additional outfits per category by clicking the little arrow at the top of the category icon.

Also, if you have Seasons, check to see if they aren't just switching automatically into their hot or cold weather outfit when the outside temperature is hot or cold.

Message 13 of 21 (6,994 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem, I tried repairing the game and I even took out all my mods and added them in slowly but nothing seems to fix this error.

Message 14 of 21 (6,879 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did we ever find a fix for this? It’s only one of my sims and I make alternative outfits for my sims none of the outfits she is in now are what I have made. It’s really annoying and needs to be fixed. Like my sims is tacky. She was so cute  and then all of sudden she looked ugly. Yes I have mods I’ve taken them out and still does the same thing. 

Message 15 of 21 (6,736 Views)

Hero
@brittney_vaughn1 Does the outfit show on Plan Outfit ? Can you change out of it ?

There are situational outfits that tend to stay if you play rotationally but they should be easy to get rid of. Just change your Sim into one of the regular outfits.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 21 (6,706 Views)

★★ Novice

This happen to my sims too, when I go to check in cas to see if there something changed but nothing change but my sims wearing random clothes, also this happens to me after I bought City Living. I tried to find broken mods or move mods out and replace one by one nothing fix.

Message 17 of 21 (6,670 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Astrxn0my

In what situation does this error happen to your sims? If it is happening in the bedroom, it will happen to anyone who has this "special" second part of MCC mod

I don't work for EA

Message 18 of 21 (6,649 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It occurs randomly when i am playing multiple different households first and then play the affected household.

It's not only happening in the bedroom. What part of MCCC mod do you mean?

Message 19 of 21 (6,379 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi @jm6886

I had this problem before where i would assign my sim cc clothing and come to gamemode to them in completely random clothing. So i came up with this idea that it could be some clothes and i removed all the clothes and left just a specific type of pants and it still wasnt working then i had this other idea that what if it was something to do with some of my mods so i removed one by one my folders still with my clothes cc still in my mods folder and i found out that it was my misc folder and i have a ton of stuff so i took a real good guess and thought what if it was a acne mod i removed it and and loaded up the game and my cc clothes started working. Hope this helps it just started to happen again i removed the whole slice of life bluffs mod and it started to work again (:

Message 20 of 21 (6,288 Views)