Re: Sims wearing random clothes I haven't set for them?

by SimTresa

Original Post

Sims wearing random clothes I haven't set for them?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've been having the same issue. Thought it might be the style influencer career because the first time I noticed it was right after that update and I didn't have any mods at the time.  I'd have a sim randomly add an item to their outfit, or it would be a different color than what I thought I'd selected. Or when I'd go to have them Change Outfits instead of five different  everyday outfits they'd have three copies of one. At least two sims seem to have athletic outfits I never gave them and which  don't even show up in the outfits menu when I check.  

Message 1 of 4 (1,458 Views)

Hero

Hi @SimTresa 

this is a bit of an old thread and I don't think it applies to your issue.

When you say you didn't have mods at the time it happened, does that mean your mods were turned off because of the patch or did you not have any in your mods folder ?

If you play rotationally, it can happen that they get assigned outfits that you didn't' give them but those are never added as your actual outfit (like the athletic outfit you're referring to). Those are situational outfits that get assigned to them while you're not playing them. They look often very hideous as described in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Weird-situational-outfits-on-NPCs-Mainly-Hats-Accessoire/...

Sims are often still wearing them when you switch to them.

If they are added as an actual outfit, that sounds like a different problem and only time I've seen that being reported, it was the fault of a mod, hence my question above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,444 Views)

★ Guide

I didn't have any at all at the time. Thanks, I'll check out the other thread. I do play rotationally.

Message 3 of 4 (1,423 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Does it happen in your active families while you play them or when you switch back to them ?

I'm not 100% certain how the style influencer career works but I don't think it should actually add outfits to your Sim on it's own. They might change into them while you're not playing them and it might still be active when you switch back but I doubt it should be permanently added as a 3rd or 4th outfit.

Do you have any active Sims in the career and did you make over any of these Sims ?

(also split your post from the rest as the thread was old and probably different from your issue)

There was also this issue (I think it's fixed), related to a mod that shall not be named: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/MOD-RELATED-Outfits-change-to-become-identical-to-first-outfit... . that's not what you're seeing though, right ?

Did you ever play that save with mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (1,415 Views)