Re: Sims wearing random clothes I haven't set for them?

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims wearing random clothes I haven't set for them?

★★ Novice

After I set my sims their outfits for all categories, when I exit CAS and re-enter gameplay, the sims will wear their allocated outfits until they change clothes like to sleepwear when going to bed and when that happens, they only wear outfits but in clothes randomised which I haven't set for them. I went back into CAS and the outfits were still the same as I set them before but my sims won't wear the right ones when they are in game mode? I know that my keyboard broke during gameplay so I couldn't use shortcuts so I had to replace The Sims 4 file in the Electronic Arts document and as my keyboard started working, the clothes issue started to occur. Hope someone knows how to help thank you (:

Message 1 of 21 (53,275 Views)

Hero

Hi @jm6886,

are you using mods in your game ?

Which files did you replace ?

Does it still not stick now that your keyboard is working again if you re-assign them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (53,233 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey Standard smile

I am using mods in the game and I'm thinking that may be an issue because when they change their outfits they change into the regular sims 4 content. 
I had to replace the whole The Sims 4 file in the Electronic Arts document then run the game again, play in game mode for a bit then exit the game completely and put my initial The Sims 4 file back into the Electronic Arts document which fixed my keyboard.
I tried to re-assign the outfits when the problem occurred but they still wear randomly generated clothes.
Message 3 of 21 (53,230 Views)

Hero

Try removing your mods then an test on a vanilla game to see if the same occurs. Just start a new game to test

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 21 (53,216 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this problem without using any mods or having any previous issues with the game. Everytime I go into CAS or "plan outfits" my clothes are normal (the ones I selected), but as soon as I go back into live mode the sim is wearing random clothing, sometimes the same outfit but without any pants or something completely different. At first I thought it was her work clothes, but it's like she has several outfits but they're all random ones I did not create. If I try to make her change into a different outfit, she will, but it's still not the one I created.

Message 5 of 21 (53,192 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Does she maybe have multiple outfits per category ?

If you go in live mode and choose to change outfit, do you not have the ones you created but only other ones or does she have the ones you have created + the ones you have not ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 21 (53,176 Views)

★★★ Novice
I am having the same issue. In CAS and plan outfits etc the outfits are what I assigned, but when I tell them to wear a specific outfit they will change outfits to something random. The clothes they change in to do seem so be selected to fit the right category (eg they wear swimming things if I try to get them to put on their swim wear).
Message 7 of 21 (52,126 Views)

★★★ Novice
Okay I just realised my issue was because the sim was in a club gathering which had a style dress code. Whoops!
Message 8 of 21 (52,125 Views)

★ Apprentice

This happened to me also when I left the game and re-entered.  Sims had changed into an outfit I had not set for them

Message 9 of 21 (42,419 Views)

Hero
@misnomer2 Did you play another family in between ? They get situational outfits.

Or can you choose the outfit from the menu ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 21 (42,392 Views)