Re: Sims update stuck on verify

by merrymegeden

Original Post

Community Manager
@merrymegeden OK I can see in the DxDiag that something seems to be causing Origin to hang while trying to run, Usually allowing Origin through any anti-virus should resolve this.

Since it is still happening I would recommend backing up any save and mods you have to a folder on your desktop. Then clean uninstalling Origin and Sims. Next run something similar to CCleaner to clean your PC and registry and try to install both again and see if this keeps happening.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 11 of 12 (215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I FIGURED IT OUT!! After 10 months of this crap and trying every suggestion I could find online i ended up deleting all the windows updates from around the time Origin stopped working which was Feb 2020 and the game is back!!!!!!!

Message 12 of 12 (567 Views)