Re: Sims update stuck on verify

by merrymegeden

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims update stuck on verify

★★ Apprentice

Windows 10

Open Origin

It says 'update available' for The Sims 4 then starts to verify the game files. except it doesn't do that at all, it just sits there at 0%.
I have tried deleting cache, removing mod folder, checked my LAN settings, turned off firewall and nothing is changed.

I even did a fresh install of Origin and now I can't even see my game library screen, it has greyed out.

please help

Message 1 of 12 (667 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I FIGURED IT OUT!! After 10 months of this crap and trying every suggestion I could find online i ended up deleting all the windows updates from around the time Origin stopped working which was Feb 2020 and the game is back!!!!!!!

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (547 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@merrymegeden Currently is everything greyed out when you open origin? Are you getting any Windows prompts or error messages?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 12 (650 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Illium No prompts or error messages. I can see the origin box and even have grey squares on a gray background of where the games should be but I cant select them to repair or play.
Message 3 of 12 (621 Views)

Community Manager

@merrymegeden Would you be able to upload your DXDiag info? Also to check can you check your Anti-Virus or any additional security software and allow Origin and your game through.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 12 (596 Views)

Community Manager
@merrymegeden Wanted to see if you were able to get back into Sims or if this issue is still happening?

Illium.png

Message 5 of 12 (559 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Still happening Frown

Message 6 of 12 (529 Views)

Community Manager

@merrymegeden Can you try clearing Origins cache and once back up running a repair on the game to see if this continues?

Clear Origin Cache: 

• Completely log out and close down Origin 
  • Hold down the Windows key and R 
  • Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK 
  • Now open the Origin folder. 
  • Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one) 
  • Hold down the Windows key and R 
  • Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK 
  • This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder 
  • Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window 
  • Open the Local folder here 
  • Delete the Origin folder listed here 
  • Restart your PC and log back into Origin 

Run a repair on Origin.   

• Select My Game Library in Origin. 
  • Right-click on the game tile. 
  • Select Repair Game. 

Illium.png

Message 7 of 12 (502 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Illium I have tried this a few times, I can't see the library to get to repair even after clearing the caches
Message 8 of 12 (500 Views)

Community Manager
@merrymegeden Does it not allow you to hit the repair button, or never get through the process?

Illium.png

Message 9 of 12 (471 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_IlliumBecause the boxes are grey squares I can't click them which means I can't access the 'repair' option

Message 10 of 12 (467 Views)